Super Bowl XLVIII

Who will win Super Bowl XLVIII

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While they didn't sack Peyton, they hit him a lot. Seattle goes 2 deep up front so they can press the QB with fresh legs. It all starts there for that defense. They pressure up front and that makes the linebackers and defensive backs job easy.

Peyton has a lousy record in cold weather and playoff games. His numbers are greatly inflated. His record against Brady is disastrous.

Peyton has a lousy record in cold weather and playoff games. His numbers are greatly inflated. His record against Brady is disastrous.

It wasn't lousy weather.

It's 43 degrees in Newark right now. I think game time was in the 50's.

Last edited:
It was cold in the forties. Peytons numbers are due to the dome. Two years out of 14 in cold weather don't make a great QB. He will never be equal to Brady or Favre.

It was cold in the forties. Peytons numbers are due to the dome. Two years out of 14 in cold weather don't make a great QB. He will never be equal to Brady or Favre.

I just read a stat that says Peyton is 64-32 when playing outdoors with a temperature of 40 and above. Hardly a lousy record. In the thirties, yeah, he sucks as do many QB's who don't play in it regularly. His career record is 178-85. That virtually identical to his record if playing outdoors at 40 and above.

Here's the bigger issue, last I checked there are 11 guys on both sides of the ball and they all have jobs to do. Peyton didn't lose this game, the Denver Broncos lost this game.

As for Manning never being Brady or Favre, I'm willing to bet if Manning played in the same system as Brady, he would have just as many rings. That isn't a knock against Brady, just that he's had a better supporting cast than Manning has had. And there is no one who compares to Favre.

I don't see how anyone can say Manning isn't that good. You've got his peers praising how good he is, but some guy on the forums saying he isn't. I'll take the word of the guys he's played against and with over yours any day.

Denver had a bad day. You knew it was over starting with a safety. That doesn't happen. What could go wrong did.

I guess Peyton is always excused when he has a bad game- two interceptions. If Brady played all of his games in the protected elements arena, his numbers would be greater than Peytons! Favre throws more interceptions than anyone!

I guess Peyton is always excused when he has a bad game- two interceptions. If Brady played all of his games in the protected elements arena, his numbers would be greater than Peytons! Favre throws more interceptions than anyone!

How is he excused? He had a bad game. Does that make him a terrible QB? Not in my opinion. One of his picks in this game wasn't his fault. His arm was hit, ball floated and Moreno sat there waiting on it to come to him instead of going to get the ball like the defender.

Did Manning play in a dome this year? And what were his stats for the season? Only the most passing yards and TD's in the history of the NFL. Were those stats padded by him playing in the "protected elements arena"?

We get it, you hate Manning and have a hard on for Brady. That doesn't change the fact that Manning is an elite QB. When Steve Young says Manning is great, I think he knows more than either of us.

Latest posts

Back