Symmetry Financial Vs Mass Mutual for a New Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what exactly is an MLM recruiter? I have a CFP and series 6 and 63 and not to mention a 26... enlighten us sir “guru.” I probably have more experience and knowledge in this right hand I produce with them u do your entire body. Work on your people skills- I’ve learned cynics and negative people are usually broke. U have all the ingredients my friend ..

PHPcrusader - talking about recruiting agents and I'm quite certain you're with "People helping people" - an MLM financial services company.

Your first post is an attempt to show that you're open to recruit people to "run their own offices". Classic MLM talk. But I do dare you to break the mold of every other Primerica, WFG, and PHP recruiters that have all come before you.

And since you're saber rattling about your experience and CFP, I'll just say that all my posts speak for themselves. Check out the CFP sub-forum. I myself hold the ChFC, so I know how to pass exams too. Oh, and I had my series 7 & 66. So ******* what. Nobody cares.

As far as my people skills, I know better than to post a veiled ad on a new forum. But again, I dare you to break the mold of all those who have come before you.

MLM companies bastardize the industry. They claim that everyone should get a license and start selling policies with minimal training. Yet, they typically provide less than ideal training.

Licensing does not equal competence.

You seem to be an exception with your CFP - but most CFP's don't know anything about insurance advice, despite being tested on them.

I hope you're different.

Holden,

Check out NorthWestern, Guardian and NYLife in addition to Massmutual in your area. All our good companies, but it depends on how good the local office is. Each company has good and not so good local offices. While you can cold call to start this business, it is harder. I have made less than 10 cold calls in the last 12 years. You have to generate name flow in at least 3 ways. Cold calling can be one of them, but don't depend on one way of name flow.

Holden-

My first few years as a licensed agent were with Mass Mutual. The education, training, support were second to none, comparable to the few other Ivy-type, blue chip, mutual insurers out there at the time. While my commissions were lower than what I ultimately earned as a PPGA, what I received in support, overhead, insurance, etc. had a value I did not truly appreciate until years later.

I became licensed in my early 20s, in the South, with a company that was not too keen on young, single, new to community, FEMALES. That has long since changed. But that held me back. Here's what Mass Mutual made available to me that was a life saver....."orphans".

Orphan policyholders can be patient and allow you to service their policies while you learn and grow your business. No, you won't get paid on their inforce business but you will be appreciated for the services you offer. You will have established that these folks can afford their coverage, value their coverage, pay for their coverage. And, they love their insurer. You will never find better sources of new business, better referral sources, or better folks more willing to let you review their coverage, update their records, sell them something new.

As a very young agent, I needed to find my niche. No one wanted to talk to me about Life Insurance but many of my own peers were thrilled to discuss Disability Insurance. The rest is history.

Find a mentor and enjoy the journey!

#

DHK- your opinion is just that. Yours. I’m not here to prove anything to you or anything else. I’m very well trained and do the same for the people I train from the ground up. Everyone is new to the industry until they are not. We have Zero client complaints in 8 years- recruiting and training newbies. Every single firm in the industry recruits. Some I’m not sure wth your point is. Most companies don’t even mention running an office because there isn’t that opportunity for advancement. I’m an insurance agent first and foremost. Mentioning my licenses and experience is so you know you I’m not a Rookie intimidated by your big talk as a self proclaimed guru. You mock a company you know Zero about. Says a lot about you. So to be clear, I don’t have a darn thing to prove to you. Let’s keep it positive on here and you keep it moving. Shocks me how much free time u have to post when you should be focused on helping the 56% of America that has no life insurance. Maybe project your energies elsewhere.

You can give your time management tips to your MLM company CEOs who like to measure themselves against each other.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/beginners-guide-to-insurance-mlm.11797/

20994200_10154857900811475_9137251646712684265_n.jpg

As far as the "guru" crap - as Tony Robbins says "I am not your guru". It is a membership title for a given number of posts - generally above 250 posts. It's a forum function - not a self-chosen title.

I know enough about your company and all MLMs to know that prospecting is the #1 issue of EVERY insurance agent - and I think it's CRIMINAL to start agents out with a 25%-35% contract AND to require them to recruit for a higher payout. Captive agencies start at 55% and independent contracts start at 80%+. Obviously training and support is important - as you said in your post. But captive agencies (generally) provide that with a higher commission structure.

"Owning your office" is just MLM talk to say that "the real money is in hiring producers rather than being one". That whole "1% of 100 people's efforts rather than 100% of my own"... but I get paid very well on my 100%.

I'd point you to the site rules regarding offers and advertising, etc, ... but the forum has been redesigned and upgraded this past month, so even I can't find them.

As I said - prove me wrong. Be here and contribute.

Again, that is your opinion. Irrelevant to what we are doing. I started at 30% and now cal out at 152%. Worked my tail off to learn the industry and own my own office. The leaders who you say live off people average 20-40k in personal production monthly... with teams doing over 100k monthly. Our company placement is over 85% and persistency in the 90’s... you seem to know a lot about us superficially and have already formed an opinion. Again one you own and I’m not looking to buy it. If you read my original post, I didn’t try and recruit anyone whatsoever. Again, nowhere near a rookie. I said if you have any questions about being in a builders vs producers model- to reach out! You got very defensive very quickly. Your attitude and demeanor from the jump makes you suspect on how well you do. Success has come my way because I act like I know the least because I listen the most! Try it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back