T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

If she was put into SNC for rehabilitative purposes, she would have paid zero, nada, nicht. If it was custodial in nature (ie. she couldn't get to the bathroom without help) then it would not be covered by Medicare, therefore her supp would not pay.

AND NETIHER WOULD ANY MA PLAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!

You honestly need to learn about how Medicare works before you decide what is best for your clients. You might want to take the MSAA designation course - not for the initials, but for the knowledge.

Rick
And you might want to open up the RED White and Blue Book for 2008 and read whats on the bottom of page 13.:yes:

If she was put into SNC for rehabilitative purposes, she would have paid zero, nada, nicht. If it was custodial in nature (ie. she couldn't get to the bathroom without help) then it would not be covered by Medicare, therefore her supp would not pay.

AND NETIHER WOULD ANY MA PLAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!

You honestly need to learn about how Medicare works before you decide what is best for your clients. You might want to take the MSAA designation course - not for the initials, but for the knowledge.

Rick
Funny how most of the MA plans have a summary of benefits and on the SNF benefit it states " No prior hospital stay is required" :yes:

You've been doing this long enough to know how Medicare and a Medicare supplement work.

Do you really believe that Medicare didn't pay?

Look at your summary of benefits information. Specifically Skilled Nursing Care.

It says Medicare pays for the first 20 days. Can you give me a reason you believe him when he said Medicare didn't pay? The most she could have had to pay was the deductible for 8 days. That sure ain't $28,000.

He didn't say that she checked herself in to a SNC facility, he said she "was put into SNC". Only a doctor can "put" her into SNC. If that is the case why wouldn't Medicare have paid?

He needs to learn how Medicare works before he starts quoting information like that.

Medicare and You 2008, page 13:err:
I think you have to see what situation the future client is in to really justify one or the other. My point is that I've actually ran into someone with a horror story that fell thru the Medicare cracks. No I haven't heard of anyone running out of Traditional Medicare because of benefit periods, but I also don't know of anyone reaching their out of pocket max either. I help clients with both and if you have any info that can help me and my clients out let's hear it.

Last edited:
Funny how most of the MA plans have a summary of benefits and on the SNF benefit it states " No prior hospital stay is required" :yes:
I apologize. It did not register that it was only 1 night in the hospital. Now I understand why Medicare did not pay.

The issue with MA plans is how long would they pay for a SNF. It doesn't take 28 days of rehab. If indeed she had an MA plan, they likely would have thrown her out quickly anyway.

I must learn to read the entire post!

To answer an earlier question:

CSA - Certified Senior Advisor
MSAA - Medicare Supplement Accrediated Advisor
CBC - Chartered Benefit Consultant

I take back most of my previous rant! Don't let it happen again.:goofy:

(But I still will argue that MA plans vs Med Supp - no comparison).

Rick

I took her word for it, why would she or I lie? I'm obviously not trying to impress any of you, just want to know what you think of this?

People lie about anything and everything. She might have lied just to see what you would say about it. Who knows, maybe she did get a bill for 28k and flipped out and then they fixed it but didn't tell you that part. :radar:

WRONG!

We are smarter than CMS. To avoid dealing with CMS and all their nonsense, simply state:

Hello, this is Bob Levine. I specialize in Medicare coverage, and it has come to my attention that you will be turning 65 in May. I've received a card, either completed by you personally, or by someone you know, stating that you'd like to recieve information about your Medicare options.

I have a copy of the 2008 Medicare and You booklet you will be receiving. It details what your options are for coverage, be it Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage Plans, or Medicare Savings Accounts.

It can get confusing. If you'll allow me to stop by, with a copy of this booklet, the two of us can go through it, and we can determine which option would be best for you. If you haven't received your copy of the booklet by the time we meet, we can call Medicare, and get yours ordered then. Fair enough?

At no time did I mention plan design, company name, or benefits. And, the only marketing material we will be using is approved by CMS. It says so on the back of the book.

Very well done! I agree with your approach.

I was writing to those agents that ride a one-trick pony, selling only MA plans. I stand by my position that if you are selling, for example, Today's Options PFFS plans, you better use the script provided by Today's Options.

Perhaps my remarks were taken out of context, or maybe I just didn't make myself clear. At any rate, your posted comment is very good.

I'm not picking one over the other but any information that will help a client is going to help me. I would love to have a debate of one to the other. The good, the bad, and the ugly and see where they shake out. With as much experience that is on this site everyone would benefit. I'm sure your knowledge on sups is incredible. The only reason I'm on this forum is to learn and continue my education from something besides a book. This forum is like getting that street wise or common sense education that can't be learned or just takes too much time to reference and read to find answers.

Back