T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

I agree that at least you know what your going to spend OOP w/ a Sup. I'll reccommend a Sup if the premium isn't outragous and you have some Health issues. But if your spending close to what the Max OOP is for an MA then this is for you. Were you going to contact me about United World?

Lady with an F in Brookville broke her leg. Had ESRD also so she couldn't MA anyway. Spent the night in the hospital and was put into SNC for the next 28 days. She paid a bill of almost $28,000.

Thats unbelievable. You actually spoke with this woman or did your MA trainer tell you this story?

First and foremost....

WIth a med advantage the most out of pocket risk is in the hospital...

So you take a zero Premium plan and tag on an Indemnity and if you go in the hospital you pay nothing.... but you do pay co pays at the dr and such....

Make sense, it would be retarded to sell an indemnity with a supp... NO NEED.

I do not sell in the senior market, but I do see merit in what Ramiz is saying in the Philadelphia Metro market. There is a good selection of MA's here that are zero premium. The two largest are Independence Blue Cross and Aetna. As Ramiz stated, the big hit is on hospitalization. On the zero premium dollar plan at IBC there are two hospital levels----on has a $150/day copay with a $1,500 limit and the other level is $300/day with a $3,000 limit. The PCP copay is zero. If one could find a decent hospital indemnity plan for $25 a month, I believe that would be worthwhile instead of facing the high hospital copay. At one time the hospital copay was zero, but things have changed over the years. Aetna's lowest cost MA has a $15/month premium, but hospital copay is a flat $850 copay per stay. The PCP copay is $20. From Frank's post, I gather that the situation is much different in rural areas. BTW, very few physicians are not in one or both of the largest MA's.

Last edited:
Well ah ah, yes I did actually, er ah,
Seriously, yes I did, and you can see with as many people aging into Medicare that those loop holes are going to get bigger and the coding for preventative that Medicares covers is going to get alot more stricter. Gone is the day when my doctor codes my annual checkup as something else.

Dude, its a simple insurance concept... The less people sharing risk the more expensive the premium is, as people leave med supps the rates will go up... simple if you ask me..

I would also like to see the supp that you talk about that is $79 a month... is it a high deductible f? please provide a website.... I am not trying to prove you wrong, I am just really Interested in seeing it...

Also, take a break from this forum for a bit, I think your starting to take stuff personal.... its all fun and games my friend.

Depends on the claims as well.

Med supp rates can vary a lot depending on area and other factors. One area may indeed be $79 for a standard F, female nonsmoker at 65 whereas the cheapest plan might be $150 somewhere else.

MA plans are expensive in some areas as well, and some plans that are cheap and sold in rural areas like Sterling do not have a maximum out of pocket limit.

Lady with an F in Brookville broke her leg. Had ESRD also so she couldn't MA anyway. Spent the night in the hospital and was put into SNC for the next 28 days. She paid a bill of almost $28,000.
If she was put into SNC for rehabilitative purposes, she would have paid zero, nada, nicht. If it was custodial in nature (ie. she couldn't get to the bathroom without help) then it would not be covered by Medicare, therefore her supp would not pay.

AND NETIHER WOULD ANY MA PLAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!

You honestly need to learn about how Medicare works before you decide what is best for your clients. You might want to take the MSAA designation course - not for the initials, but for the knowledge.

Rick

If she was put into SNC for rehabilitative purposes, she would have paid zero, nada, nicht. If it was custodial in nature (ie. she couldn't get to the bathroom without help) then it would not be covered by Medicare, therefore her supp would not pay.

AND NETIHER WOULD ANY MA PLAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!

You honestly need to learn about how Medicare works before you decide what is best for your clients. You might want to take the MSAA designation course - not for the initials, but for the knowledge.

Rick

I suggested the same thing to him in post #45, that he learn about Medicare. He probably won't listen to you either.

There is no way the cost could have been that much for a 28 day in SNC. Medicare pays for the first 20 days, that leaves 8 days in question. If she had a policy that didn't pay the deductible for the 21st to the 100th day then she would have had to pay the deductible for 8 days only. If she had any of the plans that do pay the deductible she would not have owed a penny.

I'll bet he uses that line when talking to a prospect, what do you think? And people wonder why insurance agents as a whole have a bad name.

I suggested the same thing to him in post #45, that he learn about Medicare. He probably won't listen to you either.

There is no way the cost could have been that much for a 28 day in SNC. Medicare pays for the first 20 days, that leaves 8 days in question. If she had a policy that didn't pay the deductible for the 21st to the 100th day then she would have had to pay the deductible for 8 days only. If she had any of the plans that do pay the deductible she would not have owed a penny.

I'll bet he uses that line when talking to a prospect, what do you think? And people wonder why insurance agents as a whole have a bad name.

He was saying that medicare didn't pay either. Thats still a pretty expensive stay though. :swoon:

Back