T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

He was saying that medicare didn't pay either. Thats still a pretty expensive stay though. :swoon:

You've been doing this long enough to know how Medicare and a Medicare supplement work.

Do you really believe that Medicare didn't pay?

Look at your summary of benefits information. Specifically Skilled Nursing Care.

It says Medicare pays for the first 20 days. Can you give me a reason you believe him when he said Medicare didn't pay? The most she could have had to pay was the deductible for 8 days. That sure ain't $28,000.

He didn't say that she checked herself in to a SNC facility, he said she "was put into SNC". Only a doctor can "put" her into SNC. If that is the case why wouldn't Medicare have paid?

He needs to learn how Medicare works before he starts quoting information like that.

If you will search the forum, you will find a lot of posts regarding this item. Bottom line is: if you are marketing MA plans, you MUST use a CMS-approved script. This MUST be obtained from the MAO. Even if you were to develop your own script to submit to CMS for approval, if you speak directly about a specific plan, it must go through that carrier's approval process. I have been laboring with this for several months, myself.

If it will help, UHC's broker portal has the best offering I have seen. They really do have everything one needs for THEIR products. Other MAOs range from mediocre to non-existant with available scripts.

WRONG!

We are smarter than CMS. To avoid dealing with CMS and all their nonsense, simply state:

Hello, this is Bob Levine. I specialize in Medicare coverage, and it has come to my attention that you will be turning 65 in May. I've received a card, either completed by you personally, or by someone you know, stating that you'd like to recieve information about your Medicare options.

I have a copy of the 2008 Medicare and You booklet you will be receiving. It details what your options are for coverage, be it Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage Plans, or Medicare Savings Accounts.

It can get confusing. If you'll allow me to stop by, with a copy of this booklet, the two of us can go through it, and we can determine which option would be best for you. If you haven't received your copy of the booklet by the time we meet, we can call Medicare, and get yours ordered then. Fair enough?

At no time did I mention plan design, company name, or benefits. And, the only marketing material we will be using is approved by CMS. It says so on the back of the book.

WRONG!

We are smarter than CMS. To avoid dealing with CMS and all their nonsense, simply state:

Hello, this is Bob Levine. I specialize in Medicare coverage, and it has come to my attention that you will be turning 65 in May. I've received a card, either completed by you personally, or by someone you know, stating that you'd like to recieve information about your Medicare options.

I have a copy of the 2008 Medicare and You booklet you will be receiving. It details what your options are for coverage, be it Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage Plans, or Medicare Savings Accounts.

It can get confusing. If you'll allow me to stop by, with a copy of this booklet, the two of us can go through it, and we can determine which option would be best for you. If you haven't received your copy of the booklet by the time we meet, we can call Medicare, and get yours ordered then. Fair enough?

At no time did I mention plan design, company name, or benefits. And, the only marketing material we will be using is approved by CMS. It says so on the back of the book.

Very well done! I would say you covered all bases and did it very professionally.

I also believe that we are smarter than CMS and in order to really be of help to people we have to exercise that intelligence.

I know all the CMS BS as well as anyone. I sell in a way that is beneficial to the prospect.

You've been doing this long enough to know how Medicare and a Medicare supplement work.

Do you really believe that Medicare didn't pay?

Look at your summary of benefits information. Specifically Skilled Nursing Care.

It says Medicare pays for the first 20 days. Can you give me a reason you believe him when he said Medicare didn't pay? The most she could have had to pay was the deductible for 8 days. That sure ain't $28,000.

He didn't say that she checked herself in to a SNC facility, he said she "was put into SNC". Only a doctor can "put" her into SNC. If that is the case why wouldn't Medicare have paid?

He needs to learn how Medicare works before he starts quoting information like that.

I did not say I believed it Frank. I was just letting you know that he was saying medicare did not pay either. HE is saying medicare did not pay because there wasn't a 3 day hospital stay prior to SNF.

If you read my earlier posts you will see that I think it is a load of crap. Someone is lying here. :eek:

SAI, sorry.

I agree, someone does not have their facts straight. I've been selling Med Supp insurance for 15 years and I have never heard of anything like that happening.

You are forgiven.

If that lady had an agent like me, we would have resubmitted the claim and got it taken care of. If in fact this story was even true. :)

Also, if this lady paid $28k for a bill while being on a med supp, I doubt she would still carry a med supp. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Very well done! I would say you covered all bases and did it very professionally.

I also believe that we are smarter than CMS and in order to really be of help to people we have to exercise that intelligence.

I know all the CMS BS as well as anyone. I sell in a way that is beneficial to the prospect.

Wow Frank, You and I agree, that script was perfecto!:bump:

Back