Taking Credit Cards

Disputes have been rare with us, but you have to take a look at the overall benefits of offering to take credit cards versus the hassle and losses from disputes (hopefully rare).

Only way to find out is to start taking cards and see where you end up. Any business that sells anything via credit card payments is exposed similar risk.

I have taken credit cards for 3 years and I have never had an issue or a dispute. I can't imagine this being much of an issue if you deal with business owners and preferred personal lines accounts.

You can take credit card payments on your iPhone now. They send you a free slider and there is no monthly fee or minimum. I think it's 2% of the total charge.

You can take credit card payments on your iPhone now. They send you a free slider and there is no monthly fee or minimum. I think it's 2% of the total charge.

So your gonna run to every client every month to swipe the card?

:goofy:

Who is offering 2% and iphone app? :1confused:

Looks like it's 2.75% Square – Accept credit card payments with your mobile phone

I don't use it. The last time I got my hair cut, the stylist swiped my card at her station on her iphone. She said the salon charges her 5% if she swipes it up front and she gets 2% (probably 2.75%) on her iphone.

Here is a video with the inventor. http://techcrunch.com/2009/12/01/jack-dorsey-square/

I thought that was pretty cool. I don't have a use to accept credit cards though.

Last edited:
Back