Telemarketing

They have the same website under a few different names.
I don't think they are being honest on the phone with the size and number of employees in their company. I'm sure a guy could do better with a local telemarketer out of the Yellow Pages.

Had a bad experience with them. The seniors had no idea that I was coming. A lot of no shows, or if they were aware that I was coming, they thought that I was there for med supps.

I had experience with paying for appointments and the quality of appointments telemarketing21 gave me was really bad compared to what I was used to.

Last edited:
All leads suck - all of them... Most leads are horrible...

Our job is to contact very high numbers of people and it all comes out in the wash. There is no such animal as a "quality" lead - just make sure it's exclusive.

It doesn't matter what kind of "lead" you use. It is still just a name, address and phone number even if it comes from a telemarketer. Over the years I have tried them all.

I define a real "lead" as someone I have talked to, gotten information from and made a determination that this person is a qualified buyer. I set a specific day and time to see them, not, "I'm going to be in your area..." That is not an appointment. An appointment is, Thursday at 3:45pm.

In Midwest's example, one has to spend $560 to make $1,500. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why not keep the full $1,500?

This is a tough business and requires a lot of hard work to be successful. It's not a selling job, it is a prospecting job. If one does a good job prospecting then selling is a piece of cake, as in almost a no-brainer.

The most successful agents are not the best salesmen/women, they are the best prospectors. Why would any agent turn the most important part of their business over to a rookie who doesn't know crap about insurance?

An insurance agents job is to spend the vast majority of his/her time prospecting. It is what selling insurance is all about. I close well over 95% of my appointments. Why, I do my own prospecting, when I go on an appointment it is to write an app. The time during the appointment is simply to reinforce what the prospect and I have talked about over the phone and to get a signature. I get to keep 100% of the commission I receive, I don't have to give someone else a part of it.

There are tons of threads asking "where can I get the best leads"? They all translate to, "I want to make a lot of money but I don't want to do the work, I want someone else to do it for me".

If an agent want someone to do the hard part of the work for them then the agent should look for a person who knows more about the product than he/she does and hire them to do the prospecting, not someone who is going to call and say "our agent is going to be in your area, you don't need any insurance do you"? Please don't take that literally.

Slick, save your money and pick up the phone. All you have to do it go on one appointment a day and write an app. That is pretty much my goal. You will make a lot of money doing that.

I sold one Monday in Ballwin. I talked to them over the phone and drove to see them to get the signature. Probably spent my first months commission in gas but they will be with me for a long time.

Who let Frank in here? I was trying to keep my "I feel lazy today" thread hidden from you!

I know, I know, summation: shut and get to work.

All right, I'm going to play a game of chess before the phone hours begin.

It doesn't matter what kind of "lead" you use. It is still just a name, address and phone number even if it comes from a telemarketer. Over the years I have tried them all.

I define a real "lead" as someone I have talked to, gotten information from and made a determination that this person is a qualified buyer. I set a specific day and time to see them, not, "I'm going to be in your area..." That is not an appointment. An appointment is, Thursday at 3:45pm.

In Midwest's example, one has to spend $560 to make $1,500. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Why not keep the full $1,500?

This is a tough business and requires a lot of hard work to be successful. It's not a selling job, it is a prospecting job. If one does a good job prospecting then selling is a piece of cake, as in almost a no-brainer.

The most successful agents are not the best salesmen/women, they are the best prospectors. Why would any agent turn the most important part of their business over to a rookie who doesn't know crap about insurance?

An insurance agents job is to spend the vast majority of his/her time prospecting. It is what selling insurance is all about. I close well over 95% of my appointments. Why, I do my own prospecting, when I go on an appointment it is to write an app. The time during the appointment is simply to reinforce what the prospect and I have talked about over the phone and to get a signature. I get to keep 100% of the commission I receive, I don't have to give someone else a part of it.

There are tons of threads asking "where can I get the best leads"? They all translate to, "I want to make a lot of money but I don't want to do the work, I want someone else to do it for me".

If an agent want someone to do the hard part of the work for them then the agent should look for a person who knows more about the product than he/she does and hire them to do the prospecting, not someone who is going to call and say "our agent is going to be in your area, you don't need any insurance do you"? Please don't take that literally.

Slick, save your money and pick up the phone. All you have to do it go on one appointment a day and write an app. That is pretty much my goal. You will make a lot of money doing that.

I sold one Monday in Ballwin. I talked to them over the phone and drove to see them to get the signature. Probably spent my first months commission in gas but they will be with me for a long time.

Great post. As I stated before, I had purchased some form of leads since 2004 and here it is 2007 and I was calling leads. The irony was when I was dead broke in the beginning going B to B with flyers I made a ton of money. Then after having money I said "well...now I don't have to work anymore. I can just buy leads."

I just did 1 hour of B to B in my t-shirt and ballcap - put on 50 flyers and didn't say anything but "have a flyer for you, have a nice day." Two leads already from them and I just got finished at 9:30am. One of the leads is a dentist - him and his wife alone are paying over $700 for a HMO - perfectly healthy. That's a done deal - meeting him tomorrow. That cost me 1 hour of time and $2.50 for 50 flyers. And what the hell else was I doing between 8:30 to 9:30? Nothing.

Great post. As I stated before, I had purchased some form of leads since 2004 and here it is 2007 and I was calling leads. The irony was when I was dead broke in the beginning going B to B with flyers I made a ton of money. Then after having money I said "well...now I don't have to work anymore. I can just buy leads."

I just did 1 hour of B to B in my t-shirt and ballcap - put on 50 flyers and didn't say anything but "have a flyer for you, have a nice day." Two leads already from them and I just got finished at 9:30am. One of the leads is a dentist - him and his wife alone are paying over $700 for a HMO - perfectly healthy. That's a done deal - meeting him tomorrow. That cost me 1 hour of time and $2.50 for 50 flyers. And what the hell else was I doing between 8:30 to 9:30? Nothing.

I hope you had pants on also. :D

That is my definition of a "real lead" and that is what I call SELLING INSURANCE! And, you get to keep all but $2.50 of your commission.

You have to figure that the time you spent is just part of the cost of doing business. It's "your job" to spend the time.

You got to love this business! When one puts in the time it is like having a license to steal. Well, almost. :biggrin:

Who let Frank in here? I was trying to keep my "I feel lazy today" thread hidden from you!

I know, I know, summation: shut and get to work.

All right, I'm going to play a game of chess before the phone hours begin.

Slick, hello, earth to Slick, are you awake? :D

"You are in Missouri, calling hours started two hours ago!

You should know you can't "hide" from me, I'm everywhere, I'm everywhere, even in your "backyard" selling insurance and I live 90 miles from you. :laugh:

It's also people initiating contact with me - which I love. I close one out of 5 leads who either pick up the phone and contact me or go through my site.

My next door neighbor is a pharmaceutical rep - she's out the door around 6am and does get home pretty early - around 4 but she cold-calls doctors offices all day.

You get paid for the time you put in. I talk to too many agents who buy 5 shared leads a day. Ok, that's an hour - so what are you doing with the other 7?

It's not about what the return is when you're out with flyers, doorhangers or doing your own telemarketing. It's about what the return is going to be when you're not doing any of it.

Back