Telemarketing

We should make Franks post an intor to the site. That way the dreams of being lazy and making money are shot before we get here.:D

I still haven't listened to you Frank about cold calling! I am not saying you are not right, I just don't wanna give in yet:D So far I have sold 1 policy a day so far this week. I have been calling, but not cold calling. ITs from past clients and old leads.( oops I guess those are cold).

Great post. As I stated before, I had purchased some form of leads since 2004 and here it is 2007 and I was calling leads. The irony was when I was dead broke in the beginning going B to B with flyers I made a ton of money. Then after having money I said "well...now I don't have to work anymore. I can just buy leads."

I just did 1 hour of B to B in my t-shirt and ballcap - put on 50 flyers and didn't say anything but "have a flyer for you, have a nice day." Two leads already from them and I just got finished at 9:30am. One of the leads is a dentist - him and his wife alone are paying over $700 for a HMO - perfectly healthy. That's a done deal - meeting him tomorrow. That cost me 1 hour of time and $2.50 for 50 flyers. And what the hell else was I doing between 8:30 to 9:30? Nothing.

This has me thinking...what day is senior discount day, aka Blue Hair Day, at Wal-Mart? Handing out fliers sounds like fun :biggrin:

Great post. As I stated before, I had purchased some form of leads since 2004 and here it is 2007 and I was calling leads. The irony was when I was dead broke in the beginning going B to B with flyers I made a ton of money. Then after having money I said "well...now I don't have to work anymore. I can just buy leads."

I just did 1 hour of B to B in my t-shirt and ballcap - put on 50 flyers and didn't say anything but "have a flyer for you, have a nice day." Two leads already from them and I just got finished at 9:30am. One of the leads is a dentist - him and his wife alone are paying over $700 for a HMO - perfectly healthy. That's a done deal - meeting him tomorrow. That cost me 1 hour of time and $2.50 for 50 flyers. And what the hell else was I doing between 8:30 to 9:30? Nothing.

John, What kind of flyer are you using when you are doing this?? Is it the one you have posted in the past? What is your average return on it? How many flyers does it usually take to generate a lead? This may be my new morning ritual! I enjoy being out of the house in the morning. I may as well leave, go get a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts, and drop off 50 flyers to the businesses in the area!!! :)

I'm very interested in more info on this!

It's almost the same - I'm hiring people to place them in businesses so I've messed around with some different designs to see which pulls the best.

This one pulls the best and I'm taking advantage of my five free extensions at Ring Central. (Sorry I blocked out the last 4 of my toll free number but I don't need 100 agents burning up my minutes) - if anyone wants to hear my recordings just email me.

*No one cares about anything unless they're saving a significant amount of money - hence my "30% to 65%" to the top.

*I've added recorded messages because let's face it, people won't call insurance agents. However, my messages are very nicely designed and they just press "4" to "speak to a local agent." It's working nicely.

*I have them printed on Lilac pastel paper - very eye-catching.

*It promotes your website in the community

As far as the return, I'm getting 2 leads per 50 placed which is crazy. The good thing about the flyers is they really build up and as weeks turn into months people start coming out of the woodwork. Some people won't call submit for a quote immediately but will save the flyer.

Attachments

• Walk and Talk flyer4a.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This is great! Thanks a ton. What kinds of things are you putting on your recorded messages? What does it cost to get these recorded messages on Ring Central? I'm going to get this going next week and see how it works. Thanks as usual John for giving me more ideas for how to market my business!

And they wonder why I love this board.....

So John, how do you find people to walk businesses, and how do you pay them? Is it on a lead basis only?

Latest posts

Back