Anyone who thinks electric cars are comparable to golf carts isnt paying attention

Mercedes Vision EQXX Concept Is a Sleek Sedan with 620-Mile Range

mercedes-benz-eqxx-concept-201-1640980572.jpg
Agreed just drove an too t3 recently. It would blow the doors of anything under say 120k. The S or and specifically plaid competes with 1mm cars in performance. And hey I get it gas isn't going away anytime soon, but it it coming.

The S or and specifically plaid competes with 1mm cars in performance.

That isn't close to accurate.

The Model S Plaid obliterates all cars. None (even ones that cost 1-5 million) come close to keeping up with the model S plaid. There is no comparison. The plaid is like Usain Bolt, and the rest are high school runners.

I took delivery of the model S Plaid earlier this year after waiting a year. I was going to buy a Ferrari, but opted for the plaid once I saw its performance specs. I don't for a moment regret my decision. There is no other car I'd rather own.

The speed is one thing and it sure is fun, but the tech is on another level too. Tesla's tech is light years ahead of legacy auto makers in addition to their performance.

This car should cost $400k. It's a steal at 140-150k

I don't care that it's electric. If a gas car offered these benefits, I'd buy it.

That isn't close to accurate.

The Model S Plaid obliterates all cars. None (even ones that cost 1-5 million) come close to keeping up with the model S plaid. There is no comparison. The plaid is like Usain Bolt, and the rest are high school runners.

I took delivery of the model S Plaid earlier this year after waiting a year. I was going to buy a Ferrari, but opted for the plaid once I saw its performance specs. I don't for a moment regret my decision. There is no other car I'd rather own.

The speed is one thing and it sure is fun, but the tech is on another level too. Tesla's tech is light years ahead of legacy auto makers in addition to their performance.

This car should cost $400k. It's a steal at 140-150k

I don't care that it's electric. If a gas car offered these benefits, I'd buy it.

I was looking to buy a Ferrari. Unlike you, I did pull the trigger. I got it in red and black, of course.

upload_2022-1-4_19-52-49.png

I liked it soo much, I bought a second one. You know, just cuz.

upload_2022-1-4_19-53-25.png

Your statement is not exactly accurate. You have omitted the cost of charging the car, which is the equivalent of buying gasoline for a car. By all estimates, the cost of recharging is at least the same, or perhaps slightly more, than the cost of purchasing gas. Using your limited analogy, the cost of operating a gasoline driven vehicle should be less because while the fuel may be approximately the same, the cost of the battery replacement is significantly higher than that of a gas driven car.
yup, replacing the batteries on an EV would be more of the equivalent of replacing the gas tank which would still be half the cost, or less

Back