Those red shoes clash with your orange cape. :twitchy:

Giving fashion advice now?

I was gonna say they stuck out like a sore thumb, but his tiny sore thumbs likely dont stick out enough to be noticeable

Are we comparing digit size now?

Doesn't take much for a thread to go off the rails.

The purpose for this thread was two-fold.

One, point out the replacement cost of a battery. I am told that car insurance premiums are high but never bothered to research that. Resale value, at least with some models, may see a significant drop compared to ICE automobiles. But hey, it's only money. If you got it, flaunt it.

The other point was to address the canard that EV's are environmentally friendly.

Glad this thread has provided fodder for the members and taken their mind off more important things in life.

Lefties who believe global warming is real and the way to save the planet is to have everything powered by rare earth batteries

I mean, just FYI... climate change is real.. I'm not saying weather...

There is virtually no debate that the planet is warming and climate events (such as hurricane and the like) are worsening.

There may be a debate that if it's completely man-made or not, but the actual debate of global warming in the scientific community is virtually non-existant.

Now, let's get to the real crux of the situation:

Tesla's are absolutely not all 95k and most "lefties" don't buy 95k cars.

The average buyer of Tesla cars are 50+ white men making over 140k per year. Tesla's are generally status symbols, like Cadillac's in your era.

https://www.evunite.com/blog/teslademographics

I mean, just FYI... climate change is real.. I'm not saying weather...

There is virtually no debate that the planet is warming and climate events (such as hurricane and the like) are worsening.

There may be a debate that if it's completely man-made or not, but the actual debate of global warming in the scientific community is virtually non-existant.

Now, let's get to the real crux of the situation:

Tesla's are absolutely not all 95k and most "lefties" don't buy 95k cars.

The average buyer of Tesla cars are 50+ white men making over 140k per year. Tesla's are generally status symbols, like Cadillac's in your era.

https://www.evunite.com/blog/teslademographics

There you go again, muddying the water with facts...

The other point was to address the canard that EV's are environmentally friendly.

This is also kinda an iffy statement. It depends on how the energy is generated.

If you produce renewable energy at home and use it to power your vehicle.. it's eco friendly.

If you're using public charging stations, it's whatever the grid uses.

Regardless, it does reduce emissions 60% over fossil fuel cars. Power cells are also captured and recycled.

The biggest issue is the power source.

How Green Are Electric Vehicles?

I'd personally buy a Tesla IF I knew how the power was made. If I was collecting it, call me a Leftist, but I think it's a good offset when you consider that the price of a Model 3 is cheaper than your other cars when you stop using fossil fuels.

But ymmv...

Edit: FYI, Tesla is moving away from Cobalt in their batteries.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...d-tesla-embracing-cobalt-free-batteries-.html

Last edited:
Back