Uh, there's a few crazies that do represent the entire group. They're the purveyors of craziness. I'd love to meet a conservative that doesn't believe Trump's loss in 2020 was illegitimate.

I know plenty of conservatives who believe his loss was legitimate. Like I said, maybe you should broaden your search. My guess is most of your time is spent with people who think similarly as you. That isn’t a knock, just an observation. Most people hang with likeminded people.

How many of them where up in arms when Trump tried to overthrow the election?

The silence was deafening. Or should I say, defining.

You got us scagent. Conservatives are evil and liberals are saints. Really interesting to know that you've been able to communicate with the vast majority of conservatives.

I know plenty of conservatives who said comments like "I wish Trump would shut up and go away". That's not because we wanted Biden, but because we were tired of Trump's antics. I know many conservatives who didn't vote for president in the last election because they didn't like either person. Good thing Biden and the liberals are in control now because everything is going great.

How many of them where up in arms when Trump tried to overthrow the election?

The silence was deafening. Or should I say, defining.

How many democrats were up in arms when people were rioting and killing people?

How many democrats were up in arms when the media (and government officials) lied to suppress valid information that polling shows would have swayed the election?

How many are up in arms now about the faked info used to impeach a sitting president?

No has has a right to point the finger in any direction about lack of being "up in arms" about anything.

Did it really take me saying that for it to be clear to you? You'd honestly never even considered that?

Oh no, I've considered it heavily. My cheekiness doesn't convey well in text lol. I meant to reply to your previous post by the way, there's a lot of good stuff there. It's been a busy Friday.

Yes, personal responsibility trumps "systemic" solutions on the majority of such issues. Not even for moral reasons, but because that's what works.

Now we're getting down to the root. I agree the personal responsibility is an important virtue. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive with any systemic solutions, though I can see where enhancing or implementing said solutions might take away from the impetus to be responsible in certain situations.

As an aside, but related to the concept of personal responsibility. Where are you at on the metaphysical carousel of libertarian free will—determinism? I only ask because you do strike me as well read on first principles/philosophy.

As an aside, but related to the concept of personal responsibility. Where are you at on the metaphysical carousel of libertarian free will—determinism? I only ask because you do strike me as well read on first principles/philosophy.

My position on all things regarding free will is that I would pay good $ to get back all the hours I spent reading and thinking about it, lol. None of it has any real-world implications whatsoever.

I know plenty of conservatives who believe his loss was legitimate. Like I said, maybe you should broaden your search. My guess is most of your time is spent with people who think similarly as you. That isn’t a knock, just an observation. Most people hang with likeminded people.

Maybe so. I literally don't know any conservatives who don't subscribe to at least one inane conspiracy theory. These days (at the day job) most of my time is spent with people far smarter than I am on a technical level. Many of them right-leaning.

My position on all things regarding free will is that I would pay good $ to get back all the hours I spent reading and thinking about it, lol. None of it has any real-world implications whatsoever.

I am 100% with you there. It's a lot like any of these political debates (which obviously do have real-world implications. The answer isn't even somewhere in between, there's just no answer that satisfies everyone and everything. That doesn't mean it isn't worth discussing of course.

Back