• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.
Never said he was a good person. Just said he didnt deserve to be killed.

So again, at what point does a former prisoner no longer deserve basic human and constitutional rights?

At what point does a former prisoner who reoffends deserve to be killed without due process?

At what point do you consider them to be sub-human?

This person who had not been convicted of a violent crime since leaving prison 7 years ago... at what point does he deserve to die and the world is a better place without him?

I already told you Scant83. You win. George Floyd is a wonderful human being that should be able to do meth, fentanyl, counterfeit money and resist arrest without fearing his safety. You win. Nobody left to fight. You win. Let's all do meth and commit crimes. You win.

He did not have a lethal amount of drugs in his system. That is false and has been debunked by numerous experts.

Liar. It has been confirmed he did. The medical examiner said that if a person was found dead with his levels, it would have been reasonable to conclude they died of an overdose.

Fentanyl levels of 7 ng/ml or greater are associated with fatality when multiple drugs are involved. Floyd had 11 ng/ml. He also had meth and THC in his system.

LEOs are not trained to kneel on a persons neck for 8 minutes. That is a temporary restraint to get someone who is resisting into handcuffs.

Yes, it is trained, as an instructor testified at the trial. Also, it seemed pretty clear to me that the angle of the cell phone video vs the body cam showed the knee wasn't on the neck for some of the time it it appeared that it was in the cell video.

Whether the amount of time he was kept there was appropriate is a perfectly fair question, and I think it WASN'T. But I also don't think it's the reason he died.

The bystanders were screaming at the cop to take pressure off because he was going limp.
One was a trained paramedic if I remember correctly. If bystanders see the person is dying, the cop surely should have known.... and his partners definitely should have known.

Yes, and I think those people contributed to the parts of the event I have problems with. They made the officers nervous, and that almost always makes outcomes worse in some way.

One of the main reasons cops are not trained to kneel on someones neck for 8 minutes... is because it could trigger a medical condition. Having the medical condition alone did not cause his death... the extreme circumstances the cop put him in caused it.

One of the main reasons people are (or at least should be) taught not to swallow hard drugs when confronted by police is because it can trigger an overdose/death. I think it's totally possible the stress of the arrest/detainment contributed, but resisting arrest is inherently stressful. Absent any evidence of asphyxia, I don't see anything convincing that he would have had a different outcome if he was restrained in a different position.

How do we know he knew it was counterfeit? The US Treasury estimates there is around $70 million in counterfeit bills in public circulation. That is around 1 counterfeit for every 4,000 real bills.

There are tens of millions of people this second who have no clue they currently are holding a counterfeit bill.

Having a counterfeit bill does not mean he was intentionally breaking the law.

---

I agree that bad things happen when you resist arrest. Tackled, tased, etc. Death should not be one of them except under extreme circumstances. The only thing extreme about this was a cop kneeling on a handcuffed mans neck for 8+ minutes.

Yea he really acted as one who did not know he had some fake bill

Let's all do meth and commit crimes.

Im good on that.

But you could give an example of how since leaving prison, he was so terrible a person that he deserved to die and the world is better off without him.

If he was out there still terrorizing pregnant ladies... then I might just agree with you. But so far the facts Im aware of say he was a drug user who possibly resisted arrest and possibly tried to pass off a counterfeit $20 bill.

Even if he was a murder suspect who def did it, he still did not deserve to die without due process.

Because the AG he appointed decided not to pursue charges. Just like I said in my post your responded to.

The new AG indicated the new admins main interest is in the Jan 6th insurrection, which they deem more vital to national security.

OH one AG didn't want to peruse charges

and the 99 AGs DA's and other's and left politicians and left media and all the rest that have been Dying to hang him on something anything to the point of trying to make anything out of nothing ON A DAILY Basis

They just said Hey this guy doesn't want to purse charges thats the end of that

Oh well its ok its over, The only thing we can do is cry about it on the news we have no power over that

:skeptical:

I know you don't even slightly believe that is a remote possibility

Yea he really acted as one who did not know he had some fake bill

And that makes it ok for his neck to be kneeled on for 8 minutes while handcuffed and laying still?

Even if he did, the penalty for that crime in this country is not death... anymore at least... lol.

Cops are paid to deal with people who commit crimes. Someone being a criminal is not an excuse for the cop to break the law, or even break regulations, when doing their job. They agree to deal with criminals and abide by a certain code of conduct. Saying "they were a criminal" should have zero impact on if a cop follows the law.

OH one AG didn't want to peruse charges

and the 99 AGs DA's and other's and left politicians and left media and all the rest that have been Dying to hang him on something anything to the point of trying to make anything out of nothing ON A DAILY Basis

They just said Hey this guy doesn't want to purse charges thats the end of that

Oh well its ok its over, The only thing we can do is cry about it on the news we have no power over that

:skeptical:

I know you don't even slightly believe that is a remote possibility

I personally think its not over and they are waiting for the Jan 6th committee and multiple state level investigations to turn up more and more evidence that will be used perhaps even as a RICO type case or something.

And that makes it ok for his neck to be kneeled on for 8 minutes while handcuffed and laying still?

Even if he did, the penalty for that crime in this country is not death... anymore at least... lol.

Cops are paid to deal with people who commit crimes. Someone being a criminal is not an excuse for the cop to break the law, or even break regulations, when doing their job. They agree to deal with criminals and abide by a certain code of conduct. Saying "they were a criminal" should have zero impact on if a cop follows the law.

If you read my posts I never said it was OK I did say that the cop was wrong he was convicted for it and clearly there was a history

But at the same time he is NO hero Not even close

Now if you mentioned mike brown or the guy at Wendy's I would not say they should not have found their fate by thier actions

I personally think its not over and they are waiting for the Jan 6th committee and multiple state level investigations to turn up more and more evidence that will be used perhaps even as a RICO type case or something.

Of course that is my point they didn't let it go because the AG didn't want to pursue charges

If there were charges to be found he would have been charged

They have been trying to nail him from the beginning Since he left office I have read promises of indictments from various DA's coming next week OVER 20 times

I've heard DA's say they will leave no stone uncovered on any of his family friends and lose associates and anyone even slightly associated with him

Its uncanny they have not got him yet

I fully expect them to get him one something they have too, They have so much egg on thier face its scrambled

They will make evidence eventually if they have to

I have never heard of anything near this much effort to get someone on anything just something find something

There are DA's that have dedicated their lives to this cause

Anyone knows if I cop follows anyone for 500 miles there will be something they can ticket you on

Back