Texas Farm Bureau

DariaOC

Expert
I posted questions on working for or with TX Farm Bureau in another thread and think it is suited here. Hope it is ok to repost here.

Interested in and went on first interview with TX Farm Bureau, as an Independent Agent. That was the only way in at this location. You get a book of business but you have to make 25 appointments with people you know set up before interview 2. Wow! I read you can not take any sales with you if you leave. Didn't have time to ask about departure and thought it would be strange to ask first interview. There commission seems on the low side. Anyone work for them or in the past, what was/is it like? I read that the book of business is not much income at all but it helps. Will an newbie make money the first two months? How are leads? Really need to make decision soon. Info please. Thank you

It really will depend on your manager and your district manager.

I would call around to some of the agents in an adjacent county (google the county Texas FB website to find them) and ask if you can talk with them about the opportunity.

I would find one that has been there for more than 8 years and one that is still in the "rookie" phase. You want to make sure what you are being told is accurate and the only ones to know are those who have experienced it or are in the middle of it.

It is what you make of it. If you have a supportive agency, it's a great place to learn.

If it's a cut throat office, don't leave your leads laying around on your desk...

Thanks, that is a good idea to call current agents, was going to ask for names of agents but again thought that would be a flag.

most agents will know who is interviewing they could careless. Most will want you to have an accurate understanding of what is expected of you and what you need to prepare for. You can ask that they not divulge your reaching out to them.

I worked at FB in another state years ago. I did the same before I started. I stopped a FB guy (he had a sticker on his truck) at a gas station about an hour from the office I was applying to. Turns out he was in the office I was interviewing for. He was really a great resource throughout my career there.

Thanks, that is a good idea to call current agents, was going to ask for names of agents but again thought that would be a flag.

You are interviewing them every bit as much as they are interviewing you. Do your due diligence.

There is no harm in asking, just know they typically will only give you the names of people they think will speak highly of the company.

Back