Thank You Obama!!

I hope he issues an executive order allowing him to run for a 3rd term He'd get 85% of the popular vote because he's bitchin'!

Anyone who disagrees with me is a racist.

Rick

Here is what I find as funny... as per CMS rules no agent is allowed to log into the client side application however as the picture so shows the person identified as an insurance agent is logging into the FFM site using what appears to be the clients credentials.... so the liberal news media just got one of their own in trouble.... I would never let a reporter into my enrollment center because the only reason they would be there is to promote a failing law

Here is what I find as funny... as per CMS rules no agent is allowed to log into the client side application however as the picture so shows the person identified as an insurance agent is logging into the FFM site using what appears to be the clients credentials.... so the liberal news media just got one of their own in trouble.... I would never let a reporter into my enrollment center because the only reason they would be there is to promote a failing law

How do you know for sure which one is the agent? hmmm?

This is a funny story in how they twist the numbers. To be honest, I can't make sense of them.

When this started, it was important because there were 30 million people without access to insurance (commonly said without access to healthcare). Now that 20 million more people have coverage through the ACA, we are down to only 28.6 million without insurance, a HUGE drop (so the article claims).

A very expensive tax payer funded PR spin job.

Dan

They cite random facts/figures/reports whenever they make a story about this.

30 million "didn't have access" as in, couldn't afford it, subject to pre-ex, etc.

65 million were uninsured. Of course, this means 35M had access but just didn't buy it.

Around 13 million obtained coverage through exchanges, around 15 million through Medicaid/Chip (Around 10M due to expansion, 5M were eligible but hadn't enrolled).

Somewhere in the ballpark of 9 million obtained coverage privately. It's implied they all had access previously, but chose not to pay.

So, yes, somewhere in the 28-30M ballpark still don't have coverage. That's a great improvement from where we were. Worth noting that near half of those who got coverage got medicaid, and far more than half had access to coverage anyway.

When this started, it was important because there were 30 million people without access to insurance (commonly said without access to healthcare). Now that 20 million more people have coverage through the ACA, we are down to only 28.6 million without insurance, a HUGE drop (so the article claims).

A very expensive tax payer funded PR spin job.

But you ignore all those jobs created or saved. And now unemployment is half what it was when Obummer took office.

The man is a math whiz.

13 million obtained coverage through exchanges, around 15 million through Medicaid/Chip

How many of those had prior coverage they dropped or lost and bought replacement coverage on a subsidized basis? I had several, but nowhere close to 13M, who dropped their $400/mo plan for policies costing $50 or less with the same or better benefits.

In all the hoopla about how great Obamacrap is, I don't recall ever seeing how many had coverage before, are still insured, and counted in the millions covered now.

Somarco,

The data is dodgy at best, based off third party surveys.

You'd think they'd just tell us, they collect the data during enrollment...

Kaiser says 57% were previously uninsured. (May, 2014 survey)

Rand Corp says "a third" were previously uninsured (also May 2014)

McKinsey & Co says 26% were previously uninsured. (May 2014)

Back