The I Love Selling FE "February to Remember" Thread

Attached is the little one pager I made up. I'd massage it a bit more if I was going to further pursue FE sales.

My opinion is that you were going down a completely wrong path with your presentation. You only have a very limited time to hold their attention on an FE presentation. Their eyes glaze over if you go into that much detail on stuff they don’t care about.

In fact when I switched from pre-need funerals to straight FE the presentation and sale being so much simpler was one of the big attractions.

You should strip your FE presentation back to the very basics and see if your sales don’t go a lot better. Think simplify, simplify, simplify.

Listen to guys who sell a lot of FE and I don’t think you will hear any of them adding that type of complication to it. Audio Interviews

It’s very easy to sell a lot of FE by just cross selling your Medicare customers.

Why is T67 better than T65?

When they are first turning 65, they are entering into a brand new world. Sometimes they are just so overwhelmed they tend to lean towards going with a company they know (I'm going with BCBS because I've always had them at work and I know they pay their bills). This is one of the worst things they can do.

By the time they are 67, they've been a bit more educated on Medicare and realize it isn't that complicated. They are more ready to listen to logic now. They've already got a supp, so it's not like you are trying to sell them something they don't need. They are on a fixed income and now realize just how much they need to budget themselves. They are more into saving money than at any other time in their life.

When they are first turning 65, they are entering into a brand new world. Sometimes they are just so overwhelmed they tend to lean towards going with a company they know (I'm going with BCBS because I've always had them at work and I know they pay their bills). This is one of the worst things they can do.

By the time they are 67, they've been a bit more educated on Medicare and realize it isn't that complicated. They are more ready to listen to logic now. They've already got a supp, so it's not like you are trying to sell them something they don't need. They are on a fixed income and now realize just how much they need to budget themselves. They are more into saving money than at any other time in their life.

Plus when they are turning 65 they have a target on their back. They have a definite date that they need to have a decision made by an every agent working Medicare knows what that date is. So they are being pitched and contacted and in some cases harassed by numerous agents all at the same time.

For the 67+ ages that heat has died down.

"Your presentation sounds like it probably sucks. If you had a good presentation, you would get very few of these objections at the close."

As I used to say back in High School (30+ yrs ago)..."no shit Sherlock." The first 3 times I pitched Medicare it sucked ass too, but I got better. ;-)

I'm not looking for you to lecture me on that so just keep it to yourself.

Good for you.

Mr. Coachable.

:v_SPIN:

I just tired of all the people on here who have not sold jack, but are quick to lecture everyone. I'm sharing in part so others who struggle will see life isn't as rosy as some recruiters on here will make it look like. Does input come with that? Sure. But a too many are quick to cut but offer no solutions.

I just tired of all the people on here who have not sold jack, but are quick to lecture everyone. I'm sharing in part so others who struggle will see life isn't as rosy as some recruiters on here will make it look like. Does input come with that? Sure. But a too many are quick to cut but offer no solutions.

I’m not sure if you are talking about me or not. I can assure you that yes I did sell “jack.” I would have to think I have made the top 10% of all agents with an insurance license every year that I was in the field.

Here is a brief resume if you want proof:
1. In 1999 I was the #1 agent in my region and #2 the country with the largest funeral PreNeed insurance company in the United States. I sold just under 1- million dollars of insurance that year and the average agent with the company sold less than $75,000.
2. Between 1996 and 2015 I earned over 25 carrier conventions on my own pen.
3. Additionally I have earned over a dozen carrier conventions as an agency.
4. Before I got into insurance I was one of a small number of salespeople to earn a 10 day all expenses paid trip to Tokyo, Japan selling motorcycles for Honda.
5. When I was 12-years old I earned an all expenses paid trip to Disney World by selling magazines door to door.

And if you need more proof than me bloviating about all my sales awards come see me and let me fire up my slide projector so I can show you all my wonderful pictures of my travels.

I may be a little obnoxious giving advice to someone that doesn’t want advice I guess. But I have sold jack. Lots and lots of jack.

I’m not sure if you are talking about me or not. I can assure you that yes I did sell “jack.” I would have to think I have made the top 10% of all agents with an insurance license every year that I was in the field.

Here is a brief resume if you want proof:
1. In 1999 I was the #1 agent in my region and #2 the country with the largest funeral PreNeed insurance company in the United States. I sold just under 1- million dollars of insurance that year and the average agent with the company sold less than $75,000.
2. Between 1996 and 2015 I earned over 25 carrier conventions on my own pen.
3. Additionally I have earned over a dozen carrier conventions as an agency.
4. Before I got into insurance I was one of a small number of salespeople to earn a 10 day all expenses paid trip to Tokyo, Japan selling motorcycles for Honda.
5. When I was 12-years old I earned an all expenses paid trip to Disney World by selling magazines door to door.

And if you need more proof than me bloviating about all my sales awards come see me and let me fire up my slide projector so I can show you all my wonderful pictures of my travels.

I may be a little obnoxious giving advice to someone that doesn’t want advice I guess. But I have sold jack. Lots and lots of jack.
You sold Jack? :shocked: How much did you get for him? :wideeyed:

Attached is the little one pager I made up. I'd massage it a bit more if I was going to further pursue FE sales.

I find that pages like this often do more to keep the agent on task and out of the 'back forty' as opposed to keeping the client awake. They are very useful if you are new to the process, but you always need a good dose of eyeball content while make an emotional appeal to the prospect.

Speaking of the 'back forty'... I spend time there quite often... found its a good place to dig up some trust. :yes: ...that's advanced training for agents in advanced years... it's where the fun happens.

Latest posts

Back