The I Love Selling FE "February to Remember" Thread

Another thing: You mentioned earlier about "JD's 3 questions". I and a lot of other agents were doing that before JD even thought about being in the insurance business. You weren't around then, but I thought you should know the facts.

I learned them from listening to JD. And I'm sure JD would credit whomever he learned them from as well. When I refer to JD's 3 questions, anyone can go and listen to any of the interviews JD has done and the listener will be able to know exactly to what I am referring.

I thought your presentation was based off Mungia's, or did that change?

Matt does give three choices. I made a change to mine based on Matt's - that was not the part I changed. I started last year giving the three quotes. I changed that after re-listening to the WInders interview, and I have stuck with that since.

With all due respect, I can see why you are an agency and not an agent.

Matt does give three choices. I made a change to mine based on Matt's - that was not the part I changed. I started last year giving the three quotes. I changed that after re-listening to the WInders interview, and I have stuck with that since.
Is it because Matt and Todd don't have as many flashy internet interviews? :tongue:
I think they've managed to sell a lot without having to corner the prospect into a budget number to work with.

Is it because Matt and Todd don't have as many flashy internet interviews? :tongue:
I think they've managed to sell a lot without having to corner the prospect into a budget number to work with.

I don't get you at all. You hardly post lately except to seem to want to catch me in some sort of "Gotcha!"

If you got something to say, spit it out already

I don't get you at all. You hardly post lately except to seem to want to catch me in some sort of "Gotcha!"

If you got something to say, spit it out already

Oh lawd..again with your defensiveness. I thought it was a good discussion. I also don't get why you'd call Todd not an agent, because he has a different opinion? You're a lot like jd when things don't go your way.
:tongue:

It matters to me because I want the client to understand exactly what they need, not hypotheticals. Now, if they cannot afford what they actually need, then some is better than none. Establish the need first.
I hate dealing with sales people that only want to know what my budget is before I even know if I want something or need it. It only tells me they are only in it for the money and don't care about me or my needs.
I think we are talking about two different things.. I make a presentation that emphasizes the need But before I show a face amount, I do try to determine what they feel they can afford.. No sense in showing an unfavorable solution and when you do, sometimes when you try to drop down, they take the attitude that if they can have it all.. they won't take any.. I explain that to a starving man, a half loaf of bread is better than no loaf but most don't feel when it comes to insurance they are starving..

I think we are talking about two different things.. I make a presentation that emphasizes the need But before I show a face amount, I do try to determine what they feel they can afford.. No sense in showing an unfavorable solution and when you do, sometimes when you try to drop down, they take the attitude that if they can have it all.. they won't take any.. I explain that to a starving man, a half loaf of bread is better than no loaf but most don't feel when it comes to insurance they are starving..

The reason I do it like I do is because you know you are usually working with people that either have very little money or they just don't "budget" money (Which may be why they don't have much money). At least half the people we sell to will tell you first thing...."I don't have any money. I'm on a fixed income". It's amazing how some can all of the sudden come up with this money that they "don't have" when they decide they have a need (for whatever product or gadget they are looking at, at the time).

We establish the need for the product, then how much of that product they actually need....then we talk money. Just the way I've always done it. More than one way to skin a cat.

I know what most sales people do. Once they find out how much you can spend, they are going to do everything they can to get every last cent of it. Maybe this is why Tim Winders' business doesn't stay on the books like he would have you believe.

Wednesday evening I called for two hours. I called every lead I had. I did the triple dial. Call, wait 15 to 30 seconds call again...and repeat. I only got 4 appointments. 3 stood me up. The 4th came outside and said his wife was sick, his daughter that lived him, her child, and her husband were sick as well. He did immediately ask if we could meet Monday. Whereas I would expect someone that doesn't want to meet to give me the, "I'll give you a call line."

I'll keep working my leads, but if I can't get into homes all the leads in the world do me no good. I'm not ordering more leads till I see if I can get this turned around.

Last edited:
Wednesday evening I called for two hours. I called every lead I had. I did the triple dial. Call, wait 15 to 30 seconds call again...and repeat. I only got 4 appointments. 3 stood me up. The 4th came outside and said his wife was sick, his daughter that lived him, her child, and her husband were sick as well. He did immediately ask if we could meet Monday. Whereas I would expect someone that doesn't want to meet to give me the, "I'll give you a call line."

I'll keep working my leads, but if I can't get into homes all the leads in the world do me no good. I'm not ordering more leads till I see if I can get this turned around.
At this point, I would just start door knocking your leads if I were you. :yes:

Time to bring out the heavy artillery. Do you know how to do "The Wave"? If not, Todd can teach it to you...I think he invented it. :biggrin:

Back