"The Stall"......how do you deal with it?

My apologies, I was speaking in general terms.

I'm more than confident that if the insurance companies could get rid of you and I, they would, and they'd do it in a heartbeat.

The good news is, they need us!

Stonewall -

If you want to learn more about selling and closing health insurance, here are some threads that may be of interest. You will get a variety of responses, not just from me.

Need help "closing deals"

Closing Question

what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Typical Day for a Health Insurance Agent

Average days to close?

Individual Health Closing Techniques??

Take copious notes. Filter out those things that are not a fit and incorporate those that are.

Feel free to report your observations.

I actually read Bill Good and Anthony Pagniello myself. For laughs, I still get out my casettes of, "wouldn't it? couldn't it, isn't it, wasn't it, shouldn't it."

One thing we have to keep in mind: there are aspects of their lives that determine their timeline, having nothing to do with insurance. It could be - family matters, job-related situations, relationship situations, etc. Depending on how well they know/like/trust us is how much they will open up their "vault" to us.

I do find that the "take away" as it were, works better than the "many successful people" routine.

"let me think about it"

OK. What I'll do is follow up with you on Tuesday. See if you have any questions. Fair enough?

if "NO"

then, OK, take care (I've forgotten them as soon as I hang up.

if "YES"

OK. Talk to you Tuesday. THAT'S IT. ECONOMY OF WORDS.

#1 is right. People come out of the woodwork sometimes, when you least expect it. It's because you let them make decisions on their time line, not yours.

RESPECT. IT WORKS.

I actually read Bill Good and Anthony Pagniello myself. For laughs, I still get out my casettes of, "wouldn't it? couldn't it, isn't it, wasn't it, shouldn't it."

One thing we have to keep in mind: there are aspects of their lives that determine their timeline, having nothing to do with insurance. It could be - family matters, job-related situations, relationship situations, etc. Depending on how well they know/like/trust us is how much they will open up their "vault" to us.

I do find that the "take away" as it were, works better than the "many successful people" routine.

"let me think about it"

OK. What I'll do is follow up with you on Tuesday. See if you have any questions. Fair enough?

if "NO"

then, OK, take care (I've forgotten them as soon as I hang up.

if "YES"

OK. Talk to you Tuesday. THAT'S IT. ECONOMY OF WORDS.

#1 is right. People come out of the woodwork sometimes, when you least expect it. It's because you let them make decisions on their time line, not yours.

RESPECT. IT WORKS.
Bob Levine

The comments above and your tagline below-----oxymoron, don't you think?

(Sorry---I couldn't resist!:))

Legacy Financial Partners
3003 Summit Blvd. Ste. 1500
Atlanta, Ga. 30319
404-551-5339
[email protected]

"Good things come to those who wait. Better things come to those who don't.":biggrin:

Actually, if you give more than .3 of a second thought about it, they are one in the same.

I am not wasting my time, or theirs, beating a dead horse or digging myself deeper into a hole.

For every minute I waste with them, waiting for a decision, is that much time I don't invest with a new prospect/referral/client. I've given them the information, they have my name/number, and I have theirs, now MOVE ON to someone else, until this decision is made.

What's oxymoronic about that?

It's called filling a pipeline, and is the basis of successful business development.

Here is what the car business taught me.

1. Qualify-what do they want, when and able to afford. (Decide now if you have a buyer and use your time wisely)

2. Present features and benefits- when the perceived value is one penny more than the price, it is sold.

3. Assume the sale all the time.

Not bad for a car salesman. By the way, did you all know that insurance agents are regarded by the general public as more risky to deal with than a car salesman???

Back