"The Stall"......how do you deal with it?

1.) "I understand, what SPECIFICALLY is it that you need to think about?" Maybe I can help!

2.) "I undestand, You know Mr. Client, there was a study done at Harvard that shows that successful people like yourself make decisions on the spot 86% of the time------the only reason they don't the other 14% of time is due to 2 things, not enough information, or not enough money. Which is it in your case?"

Sounds like a little too much "Tommy Hopkins" for this guy...

If you have built a great rapport and took A LOT of time with them, they'll usually put the business with you. It may take 2-3 weeks of dillydallying, but they liked you and trust you.

That's a bit confrontational, don't you think?

If that is the effect you are trying to acheve, then go for it. Otherwise I would jettison that response.

Another canned response. Can't imagine this one works either.

Have you looked at the date on those sales books you are reading? Does it have pictures of a guy in a dark suit, narrow tie and Brylcream in his hair?

If so, it might be time to visit your local bookstore for some fresh material.

Charlie, I really do like your contributions but you are right on one thing. You can't spell worth a damn.

To each their own---------I know one thing----I help at least 3 families a week implement financial products that make them better off. I usually use these referencing life insurance which needs to be sold----b/c people just don'rt buy it (unlike health).

But, I will now be quiet b/c I'd like to learn to sell a lot of health insurance-----and it sure does seem as though a few of you are doing that, so I'm all ears!!!

I would say: "is this a stall or do you have someone else kicking in your stall?" "You mean Billy D Williams has been talking to ya?" "Why do you want to hurt me this way?" " I thought you loved me, damn.

life insurance which needs to be sold----b/c people just don'rt buy it (unlike health).

If you think health insurance is a lay down you are in for a surprise.

There is a difference in the way you cultivate a life sale vs. a health sale, but the sale of both products require certain skill levels.

A good salesman, regardless of the product, has created the proper environment to facillitate the sale long before the objections come up. A good closer is not one who has to wrestle with their client to get a signature, but one who has helped the client to a logical conclusion.

All these trick closes and power phrases will give you a false sense of authority leading you to believe you are a good salesman. In fact the master salesman doesn't need tricks to sell.

I am glad your arguments work for you but if you expect any tenure in this business you will need to move beyond the crutch of memorized lines and learn to dynamically interact with your client.

If you think health insurance is a lay down you are in for a surprise.

There is a difference in the way you cultivate a life sale vs. a health sale, but the sale of both products require certain skill levels.

A good salesman, regardless of the product, has created the proper environment to facillitate the sale long before the objections come up. A good closer is not one who has to wrestle with their client to get a signature, but one who has helped the client to a logical conclusion.

All these trick closes and power phrases will give you a false sense of authority leading you to believe you are a good salesman. In fact the master salesman doesn't need tricks to sell.

I am glad your arguments work for you but if you expect any tenure in this business you will need to move beyond the crutch of memorized lines and learn to dynamically interact with your client.

Just so you know, I thought I had deleted "(unlike health)" on my original post b/c I realized that it inferred health was a laydown. My apologies, not what I had intended!

FYI, I just gave two quick responses regarding the initial question. I'm not here to defend anything----do whatever works for you, that's fine. No need to attack my tenure in this business based on a quick response (that have helped and worked for me for several years).

What SPECIFICALLY do you do regarding prospecting, marketing, closing etc. (That question seems it will help turn this thread back to a more productive one)

Back