This is why I don't trust MAPD plans and their "extra benefits"

There was a day when health insurance was health insurance.

The fact that it's now "utilities, rides to doctors, Tylenol, cough drops, Romaine lettuce, pest control, etc." is just dumb.

Don't get me wrong - I'll sell it as long as they'll pay me. SNP is not my market but some of that is creeping into regular med adv.

The commission still buys real estate, which is my goal.

If you're into real estate you need to come down to my neck of the woods. They'll sell you all you want.

They'll even throw in the plywood they used to board all the windows up.

As far as all this free stuff, I'm sorry but I've got to draw the line somewhere. It hardly even comes up in my market but when it does I simply tell them that if they want a free food card they need to carry their ass to Burger King.

If you're into real estate you need to come down to my neck of the woods. They'll sell you all you want.

They'll even throw in the plywood they used to board all the windows up.
Interesting - where?

I try to buy property that I would personally be OK living in. Decent neighborhood, good condition. Not too old.

If it feels like a property that someone would say, "this is a good starter home for a small family of 3" that is 100% ideal in my eyes.

The problem currently is that everything is inflated. A report said Real Estate is currently about 20% higher than it should be. Plus interest rates are so high cash flow is harder to generate. Rent can keep going up, sure, but then qualified tenants at 3x rent to income is then a challenge.

Anyway... Rambling...

Interesting - where?

I try to buy property that I would personally be OK living in. Decent neighborhood, good condition. Not too old.

If it feels like a property that someone would say, "this is a good starter home for a small family of 3" that is 100% ideal in my eyes.

The problem currently is that everything is inflated. A report said Real Estate is currently about 20% higher than it should be. Plus interest rates are so high cash flow is harder to generate. Rent can keep going up, sure, but then qualified tenants at 3x rent to income is then a challenge.

Anyway... Rambling...
Other than the today's date, what is so drastically different now about the economy, than the day we were all born? Regardless of how old you are, everything costs more now, than it did the day you were born. The rising costs of real estate; escalating rent rates; rising interest rates; inflation; and, how every current environment creates a challenge has been a recurring theme throughout our entire lives. Guess what? After we have passed on 100 years later, I have the feeling that those following us will be facing the exact same challenges. I submit, that you can profit from this current environment, just like those who profited before us, in the environment they were challenged with. As the saying goes, "same isht, different day."

So the utility company decided to not accept the payments (after accepting them for the past 2 months) and thats the carriers fault?
Thanks for that reply. Initially, I viewed it from the OP perspective. This suggests that I need to insert a disclaimer, "....may only be used at participating companies."

There was a day when health insurance was health insurance.

The fact that it's now "utilities, rides to doctors, Tylenol, cough drops, Romaine lettuce, pest control, etc." is just dumb.

Don't get me wrong - I'll sell it as long as they'll pay me. SNP is not my market but some of that is creeping into regular med adv.

Affordability the worst ever . House prices 20-30% above norm combined with rates near 7% will create a collapse somewhere . If unemployment rises to even 5% it’s game over . You’ll see 2-3 families living in 1 house. We’ll see if the collapse of Silicon Valley bank starts and unraveling of incredibly overpriced assets from real estate to stocks . The key to crushing inflation is crushing asset prices . People must feel poor to stop spending money .

Other than the today's date, what is so drastically different now about the economy, than the day we were all born? Regardless of how old you are, everything costs more now, than it did the day you were born. The rising costs of real estate; escalating rent rates; rising interest rates; inflation; and, how every current environment creates a challenge has been a recurring theme throughout our entire lives. Guess what? After we have passed on 100 years later, I have the feeling that those following us will be facing the exact same challenges. I submit, that you can profit from this current environment, just like those who profited before us, in the environment they were challenged with. As the saying goes, "same isht, different day."

It's more artificially inflated than "usual" and I do think a correction is coming.

I do think the mantra: "Don't wait to buy real estate; buy real estate and wait" is a good axiom.

But I also think temporary market conditions make some months/years better to stockpile and other months/years better to deploy capital.

My $.02

Back