This is why I don't trust MAPD plans and their "extra benefits"

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Thank you for your recent correspondence. This is a courtesy email for Service Request number SR-XXXXXX regarding your member XXXXXX submitted by producer XXXXX

Member is stating he was able to pay Jan and Feb his utilities with City Utilities of Springfield at Wal-Mart. He went to pay for March and that payment was rejected.

Member has called into member services, we set up a grievance for the member on 3/9/2023. On 3/6/2023 member was transferred to Solutran to make a payment. Solutran informed member that City Utilities of Springfield has decided to no longer accept UCard payments.

Member can always check back next month to see if the City Utilities of Springfield has changed their minds. At this time for March, he will not be able to use his ucard to pay his utilities. Member has spoken to member services and solutran.

Should you have additional information to add to this request, please refer to the Service Request number when you contact us. Thank you for your continued partnership with UnitedHealthcare.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Producer Help Desk
UnitedHealthcare

This makes us agents look like idiots and liars. Insurance companies shouldn't offer what they can't deliver. This pisses off our clients and we lose their trust and business.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - WereWolf_Large_trash_dumpster_on_street_overflowing_deb71918-4053-42e8-82e4-21ab36cd3556.png

Thank you for your recent correspondence. This is a courtesy email for Service Request number SR-XXXXXX regarding your member XXXXXX submitted by producer XXXXX

Member is stating he was able to pay Jan and Feb his utilities with City Utilities of Springfield at Wal-Mart. He went to pay for March and that payment was rejected.

Member has called into member services, we set up a grievance for the member on 3/9/2023. On 3/6/2023 member was transferred to Solutran to make a payment. Solutran informed member that City Utilities of Springfield has decided to no longer accept UCard payments.

Member can always check back next month to see if the City Utilities of Springfield has changed their minds. At this time for March, he will not be able to use his ucard to pay his utilities. Member has spoken to member services and solutran.

Should you have additional information to add to this request, please refer to the Service Request number when you contact us. Thank you for your continued partnership with UnitedHealthcare.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Producer Help Desk
UnitedHealthcare

This makes us agents look like idiots and liars. Insurance companies shouldn't offer what they can't deliver. This pisses off our clients and we lose their trust and business.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - WereWolf_Large_trash_dumpster_on_street_overflowing_deb71918-4053-42e8-82e4-21ab36cd3556.png

Genuine question here because I just don't know the ins and outs work in regards to who manages where the money can be spent. If a Utility company refuses to accept payment, is that UHC's (or any carriers) fault?

I mean, I understand exactly where you are coming from. Our clients select a plan in large part based on what we tell them. When what we've told them ends up not being true, we look bad. But in this scenario, it seems the issue should be with the utility company changing their minds and not UHC. Am I wrong in coming to that conclusion? If so, please educate me as I'm always open to learning.

Genuine question here because I just don't know the ins and outs work in regards to who manages where the money can be spent. If a Utility company refuses to accept payment, is that UHC's (or any carriers) fault?

I mean, I understand exactly where you are coming from. Our clients select a plan in large part based on what we tell them. When what we've told them ends up not being true, we look bad. But in this scenario, it seems the issue should be with the utility company changing their minds and not UHC. Am I wrong in coming to that conclusion? If so, please educate me as I'm always open to learning.

Well it seems to me that UHC or any other carrier should be smart enough to sign a contract or agreement with any such purveyor guaranteeing their services for the plan year.

Well it seems to me that UHC or any other carrier should be smart enough to sign a contract or agreement with any such purveyor guaranteeing their services for the plan year.

That's certainly a possibility. I think you give too much credit to these companies thinking they could do that. Any idea how many different utility companies there are across the United States? I guess someone may have the manpower to make that happen. Definitely not a job I would want.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Producer Help Desk
UnitedHealthcare

Did they try to pay it from their U card hub in member portal? i haven't had anybody shot down yet.

I did have a snp member complain to me that the price of her OTC eye drops was to high at walmart and she asked what i could do about getting walmart to roll back their prices even more for her.

I got a better one that that .A referral during aep I got partial Medicaid and food card . She called the carrier mid Jan bitching she never got her food card . She said agent said it was effective Jan 1 . Phone rep said it was effective Jan 9 . Phone rep took complaint and I got an allegation. I responded this was your fault not mine .It was effective Jan 1. You dropped the ball . Of course it was unfounded . It’s bs these carriers letting the agent take the fall .All this free shit has created chaos . Everyone wants food cards .

Back