Tired of the Garbage

Senior...Why would you drive 8 hrs for an app't.? Here's hoping it was for something big like an annuity or ltc case?

I find I need a couple appt's in an area if I have to drive over 10 miles....it helps me mentally. I would say anything, like here is the literature you requested....

On being burned out>>>>>get a part-time job. Do insurance 3-4 days...and then something else . One acquaintance drives rental cars to other cities where needed. Being on the road helps him to think and relax. Another works with contractors....doing physical work ...helps. Another sub teaches....And then there are those commission only jobs...LOLOL

No I did not. She didn't tell me that when I called to confirm the appointment 4 hour prior either.

Sounds like my day yesterday. I have my 4th visit with with a lady doing free policy service for Prudential. She needs to assign the ownership of her policy to a funeral home but Prudential can't come up with what her death benefit is in writing.

On the phone they have told us it's $4,300 3-weeks ago, 9,800, last week and 7450 yesterday. And they are acting like I'm the asshole because I demand the policy information printed out...not verbal.

And the worst part is...the lady probably should cash it out anyway. She has enough other coverage for her funeral to be guaranteed and any excess will have to go to Medicaid anyway when she dies.

I'm working for free to preserve their policy and they won't even co-operate.

My fault but a bad day none the less.

Senior...Why would you drive 8 hrs for an app't.? Here's hoping it was for something big like an annuity or ltc case?

I find I need a couple appt's in an area if I have to drive over 10 miles....it helps me mentally. I would say anything, like here is the literature you requested....

Well, normally I do not even think about driving that far. The lady had Physicians Life and was paying 203 at 71 years old. I could save her $100 a month. I called her before I left to make sure she knew why I was coming down there. It was a pre set appt from a telemarketer. I should have asked more questions I guess. I will never drive that far again in my life unless it is a referral or annuity. BY the way she argued with me that her agent is coming there with physicians mutual for a cheaper rate then me. It is definetly not cheaper. She didn't beleive me though. So I took a page out of Franks book and left the app. Thanks Frank!!

Rick I am glad you are having better days than me. I did spend about an hour on the phone tonight and should be writing 3 policies tomorrow. All of them are within 40 milesof my home.:swoon:

I would rather have a bad day here then be stuck behind a desk somewhere dealing with people in management who have no idea what is going on (like past jobs).

And if you work really hard, you will get screwed.

But if you stick your head up the right hole, you will go far. I do not want some a**hole telling me how far I can go. I will pave that road myself.

GE forced my father and other senior employees out. He was about 4 years away from full pension and they freaked. GE 1st tried to flat out fire their senior management. They sued and won - actually it never got to court since GE backed down over the bad press. After they they offered early retirement packages. My father declined so he had a new assignment - flying to Mexico and India and helping factories with their engineering problems. India? Hell no. So they succeeded in forcing him to take the package and he retired 4 years earlier then he wanted.

Aside from that, here was our life with my father working as a career engineer for GE:

*Started in Cleveland in the air conditioner plant. GE closed air conditioning and we moved to KY.

*Worked in Lousiville and they "make him an offer he couldn't refuse." Off to MD.

*Worked in MD for years in Columbia in the small appliance division. GE closed the entire plant - not enough profit. Back to KY.

*Whole family moved back to Louisville - yanked my sister out of her senior year of HS, took my summer away before I went into the Marines. I don't know how my dad dealt with the stress. He was there for the Jack Welsh (neutron Jack) reign of terror: "If it's not profitable, close it - if someone doesn't produce they're fired."

No thanks.

And if you work really hard, you will get screwed.

But if you stick your head up the right hole, you will go far. I do not want some a**hole telling me how far I can go. I will pave that road myself.

And the road you pave yourself will smell a whole lot better. You will also not have premanent stains on your nose. LOL

Actually I had a great job BI (Before Insurance), I just wanted to once again be in total control of my life. I have never regretted a single second of it.

My niece's husband does logistics and has a MBA. There was a lot of gloating when he got the MBA and he was gonna be set. 7 year later he and my niece are in their 3rd state with his 3rd job. And it's not like he's working for small companies. He just got laid off from John Deere a few years back in Atlanta and now they're in NC with Lowe's. He also works 6 days a week. Again, no thanks.

Back