Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

Who wants to get up in the morning and go into an a cubicle or home office and be tethered to a desk,computer,phone all day long ?

Nothing worse than being trapped all day long.

Is being isolated like that good for your health ?
As I recall you move your office to different states. I think that is awesome. No drudgery and getting moldy.

My teleoffice in the last month has been brutal. California Pacific Coastal towns, my deck, DC, sharing a desk with my three year old granddaughter in her great Maryland backyard, currently eating, drinking and doing Beale St in Memphis with one of my sons.

Not so different, but different.

Last edited:
Working in different states driving around looking at beautiful scenery in the very best times of the year to be outside in gorgeous weather breathing fresh air meeting new clients f2f is very different from being isolated in a room in front of monitors on a telephone living in a bubble.

Yeah, I haven't done the chained to a desk thing for a few years. Then only a day or two a week. If I get bored I make a f2f appointment.

Last edited:
As I recall you move your office to different states. I think that is awesome. No drudgery and getting moldy.

My teleoffice in the last month has been brutal. California Pacific Coastal towns, my deck, DC, sharing a desk with my three year old granddaughter in her great Maryland backyard, currently eating, drinking and doing Beale St in Memphis with one of my sons.

Not so different, but different.
Yeah. I think choosing to work exclusively online/over the phone is a lot different than being a "telesales agent".

One of them you're sitting by the pool taking an application then you go for a swim. The other one you're sitting at your desk waiting for someone to call you on a transfer so that you can try and write a policy.

Very different experiences.

Yeah. I think choosing to work exclusively online/over the phone is a lot different than being a "telesales agent".

One of them you're sitting by the pool taking an application then you go for a swim. The other one you're sitting at your desk waiting for someone to call you on a transfer so that you can try and write a policy.

Yeah, the latter would be a no go for me.

Other careers are long lasting in a phone room operation
For example stock brokers. Why would it be any different for insurance agents.
Stock brokers aren’t on the phone all day selling . They might a few yrs . Yes they’re talking to clients but many come in the office .

It’s not different selling FE by phone. They are telemarketers

What you and others are doing is not what I’m talking about in the FE forum.

But the pimps are happy to let it get off topic.

How many telephone sales agents have you met over the last 15 years on carrier trips ?

Agent of the year ?

Back