Tough Case for 23 Year Old

Undiagnosed DM.

Declined or Postponed?
How much term? I do not have the information on hand however maybe UHL DX term 20yr max = $50k

We applied for $100,000. The client will accept anything at this moment. Worried about future health and insurability. The proposed insured was flat out declined. =(

I haven't learned much about UHL. Do you think they're willing to accept him considering his conditions and also prior decline?

Did you meet with the proposed prior to submitting the application? If not did he tell you his height and weight? Knowing his information about his build I would have set the expectations very low. Also based on build it is entirely possible that this person did not fast prior to the blood draw which would really boost his glucose but would not affect the A1C much. I have walked away from many when they are large

Yes I did. I did set the expectations really low considering he haven't gone to the doctor in so long and his build. The high readings got me off guard. I understood the time spent vs compensation on this case would equal near less than minimum wage (lol) but it is more of a relationship case. The PI's parents have been P&C clients of mine for quite a while now.

Thank you for the fasting tip note!

We applied for $100,000. The client will accept anything at this moment. Worried about future health and insurability. The proposed insured was flat out declined. =(

I haven't learned much about UHL. Do you think they're willing to accept him considering his conditions and also prior decline?

In my experience they pretty much go off the app.

I do not have access to one at the moment. The decline may be an issue. Not sure who on forum uses them that could send you the app. Todd maybe.

OK, a forum buddy just text us that. It does not ask the decline question on the DLX. You should be good to go. BTW, can add child rider and accident death, I think.

OK, a forum buddy just text us that. It does not ask the decline question on the DLX. You should be good to go. BTW, can add child rider and accident death, I think.

Thank you for the information! Greatly appreciated. I'll check with my current life IMO to see if they offer UHL. Should I proceed with the UHL app at this time? Or wait until he sees a doctor for his readings? I'm not too experience with the life side and concerned if too many apps in one period, or declines, would cause future issues with carriers.

Thank you for the information! Greatly appreciated. I'll check with my current life IMO to see if they offer UHL. Should I proceed with the UHL app at this time? Or wait until he sees a doctor for his readings? I'm not too experience with the life side and concerned if too many apps in one period, or declines, would cause future issues with carriers.

Go with what you know now. Get him covered today. Then build and adjust as time, need, and funds allow.

Back