Tough case to place...

AIG, Hancock, Pac, ANICO, Lincoln, North American, Securian (those are ones with decent IUL).

Frequency really dictates class. Also, some allow you to test positive while others want you to admit but test negative. Other companies (like Pac) he wouldn't qualify for because of the coke use within 10 years.

If I were in your shoes, I would just quick quote all of the carriers to see who's going to view it most favorably.

PFG may be right about waiting until the 10 years is up.

Good luck.

Yes, I went down that same laundry list of carriers recently on a similar case. I've found that it is much easier if it's a non violent crime to get them placed in less than 10 years. It also depends on the UW reviewing it, at the time, details of the conviction, etc. It has to be pre-screened with more than one, as you suggest.

Yes, I went down that same laundry list of carriers recently on a similar case. I've found that it is much easier if it's a non violent crime to get them placed in less than 10 years. It also depends on the UW reviewing it, at the time, details of the conviction, etc. It has to be pre-screened with more than one, as you suggest.

I double checked a recent case and I'm not saying that Transamerica will approve a case like the one that you described, however....it could happen.

I double checked a recent case and I'm not saying that Transamerica will approve a case like the one that you described, however....it could happen.

Yes, that is an important point. Not to mentioned the time between. Several years ago I had a non-violent crime placed within 10 yrs of the crime slightly rated. I would caution though, underwriting will be looking very closely at requested face amounts on a case like this.

Back