TRANS VS SNL

Looks like a few beat me to the punch on answering this and I agree with them.

When I went to Equita (EFES) almost a year ago I kept every single carrier I had and all my comps were matched or increased in some cases so there was no "push" in my experience.

Sure, because of longstanding personal relationships and mutual friendships Royal Neighbors and Americo are probably talked about more frequently, but the term "push" would definitely be "pushing it" in my opinion...no pun intended.

As I mentioned, I'm leading with Americo>>>>>Royal Neighbors>>>>>Transamerica because they'll catch most health conditions I run into and I don't have to worry about my business being spread too thin (they also offer enhanced value benefits like double indemnity for accidental or health discounts or terminal illness riders etc.), which should be a major concern for new agents as well as part-time(ish) agents. I don't hear many conversations about the fact that if you put a piece of business with a random company two times per year to cover a less common health condition and it charges back then there's no business to help cover that chargeback. The agent will get a nice letter in the mail that will say something along the lines of pay this $1000 back in full in ten days or you'll be terminated.

In regards to Americo specifically a few things stand out that I believe should make them a strong consideration for any agent if they haven't yet taken a deeper look.

1. The Eagle-eapp is approved immediately. There is no paperwork to deal with, which means no faxing or worrying about possible mistakes to delay the policy being issued. My clients also love getting a policy number on the spot. You also don't have to wait 5-20plus days checking a pending website, crossing your fingers nothing pops up. I've written carriers that might have the "shortest phone interview in history", but if it's "referred to an underwriter" 30% of the time that doesn't help me at all.

2. The underwriting is probably one of the best in the business and it's much more advanced. Instead of straight knock-outs for everything they use an algorithm, which if you're trained thoroughly on will accept many different health conditions, which has been a pleasant surprise!

3. We can get Americo Eagle commission levels that are better than any other commission level I've seen in the industry. So when I can get a client this type of product which is competitively priced and get a crazy high commission deposited to my bank in 48 hours it's a win-win for everyone in my opinion.

I see EFES agents talking about writing Americo all the time. It makes me curious about what they are telling agents that would even make them want to push Americo. Must be one hell of a sales pitch for agents to buy into it.

2. The underwriting is probably one of the best in the business and it's much more advanced. Instead of straight knock-outs for everything they use an algorithm, which if you're trained thoroughly on will accept many different health conditions, which has been a pleasant surprise!

I disagree it makes it much harder to UW when there is no black and white.

What are yr 2 renewals aprox.
They're in the toilet. I think 4%. I guess I should of said the highest first year commission. Which is 18% higher than all other products when factoring in their 6 month bonus.

Me personally, I'd rather have 18% higher comp paid in the first year verses spread out between 10 years. You never know how long people will keep their plans.

I disagree it makes it much harder to UW when there is no black and white.
Their underwriting is so loose that I would just underwrite by their yes/no health questions. I only had 2-3 get kicked back to their GI plan. But what's nice is it will do half the underwriting at the beginning so you don't have to go through with the entire thing to get a decision.

They assign a risk score with medications and conditions and don’t publish it. Yes, you can run them through and hope for the best and with a short decision time it’s no big deal but its the principle of not knowing for sure thats an issue.

If there’s no black and white underwriting how can you decide if you’re going to resend a claim or not?

One problem with Trans that no one has mentioned happened to me last month. I printed out an app then decided to print another one. But the power went out and I heard a loud pop from outside as the transformer blew.

Coincidence? Has anyone else knocked out power to his neighborhood by printing a Trans app? Maybe they're called Transformers because Trans owns them.

Why would anybody print an application? Go to trans marketing supplies and order 1000 copies, yikes!

Obviously Tran's underwriting is lenient. The problem i'm seeing and i've used them for 4 years is many times i'm not notified of nfs's for 2-3 weeks and by that time It's tough to get them back on bank draft if you can even get in touch with them. Also what broke for ever said is so true.First year commission is all that matters. I used to wonder why few people talked about renewals in Fe. Persistency in years 2-5 is horrid.

Obviously Tran's underwriting is lenient. The problem i'm seeing and i've used them for 4 years is many times i'm not notified of nfs's for 2-3 weeks and by that time It's tough to get them back on bank draft if you can even get in touch with them. Also what broke for ever said is so true.First year commission is all that matters. I used to wonder why few people talked about renewals in Fe. Persistency in years 2-5 is horrid.

Thankfully, not so many NSF's since Trans started doing the "True SS Billing"
FYI, I have only been in FE sales for 5 years and am seeing Thousands a month in renewals...

Yes, persistency in our business is bad, but it's important to try to keep each client on the books, with their original policy. I truly believe that any client that stays on for a few months, is worth going the extra mile for. Remember, these people really need our help!

Back