Trial Right

I know that age has an effect on the Medigap premium. Does the underwriting or GI business place the beneficiary in a higher premium category than a newly eligible beneficiary of the same age?

For example I know that one reason agents sell a plan N vs a plan F is because a plan N is often lower priced. But if underwriting for a cancer risk raises a plan N premium, reducing the N to F differential, it seems like the benefit of a plan N to the beneficiary would start to disappear, again particularly for someone with cancer who would have an increased likelihood of provider visits.

Plan N is often cheaper. It’s always cheaper within the same company.

So I am wanting to allow someone to exercise their trial write by going back to original medicare mid year. I am wanting to have them fully underwritten. Why would a company have a problem with this?

You asked goillini a question to help you better understand a response or post that he made. He could have called you a fool and gone on but he gave you an answer.

What is the advantage to an insurance company of having an underwritten plan N rather than a GI plan F?

I asked you a question to help me better understand a response or post that you made. You could have made a brief post to help me see the picture that was in your mind when you made your statement but you called me a fool and went on.

You asked goillini a question to help you better understand a response or post that he made. He could have called you a fool and gone on but he gave you an answer.

I asked you a question to help me better understand a response or post that you made. You could have made a brief post to help me see the picture that was in your mind when you made your statement but you called me a fool and went on.

You just don't get it do you? If you want to ask questions all the time why don't you do it in the "Ask the Agents" section like most non-licensed consumers?

Are you so thick headed that you don't see that you are not really wanted around here? It's not that you aren't a nice guy or anything, it's that you are like that little annoying kid that just won't go away. If you want to be an insurance agent, then go get your license! If you don't want to/can't go get your license, then just leave as you are a huge annoyance.

Why in the world would you want to continue to stay somewhere where you are obviously not wanted? What kind of person are you that doesn't get this basic fact?

Serious question: Are you mentally impaired?

Have you read "Choosing A Medigap Policy" that we're supposed to leave with people when they buy? Page 23 of the 2017 Guide(the year's 1/2 over and still haven't seen one for 2018, lol). There are guidelines that some companies choose to follow. Other companies choose to interpret it their own way.

Call your favorite company tomorrow and ask them.

Go over to Mildred's house, she keeps her's under her Christmas cactus so it won't leave water spots on her table. She'll let you have hers. :laugh:

You just don't get it do you? If you want to ask questions all the time why don't you do it in the "Ask the Agents" section like most non-licensed consumers?

Are you so thick headed that you don't see that you are not really wanted around here? It's not that you aren't a nice guy or anything, it's that you are like that little annoying kid that just won't go away. If you want to be an insurance agent, then go get your license! If you don't want to/can't go get your license, then just leave as you are a huge annoyance.

Why in the world would you want to continue to stay somewhere where you are obviously not wanted? What kind of person are you that doesn't get this basic fact?

Serious question: Are you mentally impaired?

That's a bit brutal. :skeptical:

A) Because topics that interest me come up in other sections.

B) Because your friend from Nevada and his California groupie mount serious and concerted attacks regardless of where I post.

Plan N is often cheaper. It’s always cheaper within the same company.

Thanks Chazm. There lies the crux of my question. Op stated that an insurance company would prefer the plan that gives them less premium revenue over the plan that gives them more premium revenue when the company is enrolling a person sick with cancer. I didn't understand the rationale behind that statement so I inquired. (Just wanted to see the equivalent of the rationale sentence on an ExamFx flash card.)

Thanks Chazm. There lies the crux of my question. Op stated that an insurance company would prefer the plan that gives them less premium revenue over the plan that gives them more premium revenue when the company is enrolling a person sick with cancer. I didn't understand the rationale behind that statement so I inquired. (Just wanted to see the equivalent of the rationale sentence on an ExamFx flash card.)

What he said was that a company would rather enroll someone in a plan N with underwriting rather than a GI plan F.

It doesn’t take much to understand this at all. Which client would most likely have lower claims? Plan N obviously.

Latest posts

Back