Trumpcare - Making It Great Again

Uh......no. 60 votes are required to pass filibuster and get vote to the floor. Once on the floor, then only 51 is required. And yes, Dems had 60 senators for the first 2 years of Obama office.

Hey...You're right YAgents! Obama had a perfect triangulation, with all the stars lined up perfectly for over 720 freakin days!

Presidential candidates always spell out what they will accomplish in their first 100 days. B.H. Obama had an additional 620 days to get things done with his unified party's monopoly. That was a golden gift! Besides celebrating and partying, did the man actually get anything done during that time?

Hey...You're right YAgents! Obama had a perfect triangulation, with all the stars lined up perfectly for over 720 freakin days!

Presidential candidates always spell out what they will accomplish in their first 100 days. B.H. Obama had an additional 620 days to get things done with his unified party's monopoly. That was a golden gift! Besides celebrating and partying, did the man actually get anything done during that time?

The Democratic party is hardly unified. The Republican party has consolidated itself into the party of a very specific type of person. Trump, being a salesman, capitalized on this to get himself the nomination.

He can't win without help from Democratic voters. He needs the "burn it all down" Sanders supporters.

If a public option happens it's likely to be a really lean benefit plan...
Probably lacking benefits when it comes to organ transplants, cancer, restrictions on coronary, death panels and all of that BS.

Public option is Medicaid. If the bedwetters think they are going to get a rich benefit public option plan they are delusional.

If a public option happens it's likely to be a really lean benefit plan...
Probably lacking benefits when it comes to organ transplants, cancer, restrictions on coronary, death panels and all of that BS.

There is a bill in existence already. John Conyers does it every year, it's really good and it covers all those cases. Check it out.

My favorite Obama Quotes:

I will focus on "Uniting all 57 States for Change!"

Barack Obama-------------Feb 23, 2009.................. Remember?

“Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay — and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

How is that working out Mr President?

Oct. 27 2007
" If our troops are not home by the time I am elected, It will be the first thing I do. And you can take that to the bank."

================

Well, he took something to the bank.....OBAMA'S NET WORTH went FROM $1 MILLION TO OVER $16 MILLION IN LESS THAN 3 YEARS?

Here was my 2 cents for a solution in another thread, but nobody is gonna listen. Now that you know the solution, what can you do about it?
----------------------------
Solution if I'm elected in 2024:

1. Catastrophic National High Cost Umbrella Insurance - federal gov't covers all medical costs above $25,000. Tax dollars used to fund it. Everyone is in, pre-ex covered and Medicare negotiated rates apply.

2. Allow people to buy supplement plans or self insure.

3. Allow everyone to fund HSA's to a higher 10k per person limit. Lower income would get an HSA contribution made each year, up to $5k (funded by taxes), which is theirs to keep, free prev care, lower deductibles. Also allow reduced supplement policies or free premium.

Consumer now is fully injected into the purchasing decision, and just like every other industry in the fricken world, prices will go down and quality will go up. People will stop running to ER for bloody nose.

I love this concept. Basically medicare for all with a jumbo deductible, but I say raise your 25k "deductible" to 100k or even higher.

The companies selling supplement plans to cover the deductible should love it because they know their max benefit going in and from an actuarial point of view should be very easy to price - think short term medical.

raise your 25k "deductible" to 100k or even higher.

That won't reduce premiums significantly.

Back in the "old" days, before Obamacrap, you could increase your deductible from $1500 to $5000 and see a 30 - 40% premium drop. Increase to $10k (up from $5k) and it might drop another 15% or more.

Some carriers offered $20k or $25k plans but the premium drop from $10k was insignificant and rarely made sense. The premium savings in going from $10k to $20k+ was nominal compared to the additional risk.

I sold quite a few of the Humana Monogram plans with a $7500 deductible and considerably more than $5k or $10k deductibles.

Of course that was before the govt decided to design health insurance plans to make them unaffordable.

Back