UHC 2025 First Looks....

nobody is going to leave a plan over losing some dental coverage.
They ABSOLUTELY do!!! Is it right or smart? No. Do people walk away from their MA when the OTC moves from retail to mail order, or when they cut the amount by $25? In a competitive market, YES! All the time. Dumb people and smart people.

It’s wild and this is a part of being an agent. A substantial portion of the population is very sensitive about these things. Sometimes the wealthiest of people. They will absolutely not keep their plan when a benefit they like is cut and they realize someone else has it. The enrollee has lots of choices and, so, lots of power.

Where's upper midwest for you?

Cheapest BCBS of Michigan PDP is $96 this year.
Cheapest Anthem/BCBS PDP in Wisconsin is $83.60 this year.

Haven't seen details for either yet for 2025.

I'm guessing $51 is worse for you but that'd be an improvement over this week.
CO, NE, SD, ND, IA, etc. We had a 20.20 plan with a Tier 3 47.00 copay that is now gone.

They ABSOLUTELY do!!! Is it right or smart? No. Do people walk away from their MA when the OTC moves from retail to mail order, or when they cut the amount by $25? In a competitive market, YES! All the time. Dumb people and smart people.

It’s wild and this is a part of being an agent. A substantial portion of the population is very sensitive about these things. Sometimes the wealthiest of people. They will absolutely not keep their plan when a benefit they like is cut and they realize someone else has it. The enrollee has lots of choices and, so, lots of power.

This. I lost approx 1/3 of my biz with a particular carrier when it dropped its dental in 2018. Since this carrier used the same IPA as another one, they gravitated to that other one. I couldn’t do anything about it because I was captive by then and could not sell Indy. I eventually got most of them back when that carrier brought back the dental.

I’ve taken heat on here by a few people that say nothing has changed with these plans and specifically uhc . I’ve done extensive comparisons in several markets and many plans . United has cut dental or ELIMINATED dental on many plans . I’ve read several surveys that the most popular benefits that seniors look for is dental . So it’s a big deal . As Medicare waa says Tons of people will flip especially within the same carrier for $25 more otc or $500 more dental . Throw on rx deductibles , % copays instead of fixed $ , lower or eliminated dental , lower otc and things changed as I predicted .

No one has said that nothing has changed Don.
We have repeated to you that this is nothing new. You’re too new to the Medicare biz to see that. Listen up grasshopper. It’ll be ok.

We’ve all gone through this and you make it seem like the sky is falling and we’re all going to lose our clients to telesales.

We are Ok.

I’ve taken heat on here by a few people that say nothing has changed with these plans and specifically uhc . I’ve done extensive comparisons in several markets and many plans . United has cut dental or ELIMINATED dental on many plans . I’ve read several surveys that the most popular benefits that seniors look for is dental . So it’s a big deal . As Medicare waa says Tons of people will flip especially within the same carrier for $25 more otc or $500 more dental . Throw on rx deductibles , % copays instead of fixed $ , lower or eliminated dental , lower otc and things changed as I predicted .
Literally nobody has said nothing will change.

These changes are nothing new.

Recessions have happened before, and will happen again.

The benefits are basically going back to where they were only a few years ago.

Customers will accept it.

Grow a pair and be man.

I disagree. The amount of my clients that will change because of a cut in dental benefits is small.
If you are selling MAPD based mostly on the ancillary benefits, then you are doing it wrong.

UHC HMO-POS plan for Panama City has an $8 rebate of part B premium on it. It's not much but that helps. UHC appears to be the leader so far in 2025.

Humana seems like it's going to be worse than 2024 based on them not releasing benefits until next month and the negative outlook from the company on MAPD.

Back