UHC, They Are Releasing the News Monday....possibly Today

oddly enough the higher commission states still show the aca plans as available, but the few 2% states I spot checked, it looks like aren't available on e-store.

That's not entirely true UHC can find out a lot by running MIB's and Rx chexs among other things.
That's the point I was making. Sending in bad business can trigger retaliation with a "On second thought,

The applications used for 2014 and 15 did not have a HIPAA release, at least not with the carriers I used.

How can they check MIB, Intelliscript, etc without a release?

Let's say they can check those sources, even if surreptitiously. What are they going to say?

Sorry AC, based on our super secret information we have reason to believe you are sending in bad business and will terminate your contract.

Or if they choose to punish everyone with an across the board reduction based on a SUSPICION of bad agent behavior, do you really think they can get away with that without proof?

Only Bronze and Cat in VA, now I get to re-do all of the phone calls and quotes I spent the last two weeks on. What a bunch of BS.

No, alternatively you can spend 2hrs on hold with UHC Broker services and have them force the enrollment into a plan that is not currently on the broker portal.

Just an FYI.

No, alternatively you can spend 2hrs on hold with UHC Broker services and have them force the enrollment into a plan that is not currently on the broker portal.

Just an FYI.

Are you sure they are allowing that, or were they taken off market altogether? I don't want to spend two hours on hold to find out.

Are you sure they are allowing that, or were they taken off market altogether? I don't want to spend two hours on hold to find out.

My carrier contact stated if you already quoted them "Saved in the system" a call is not required. If you ran the quote and screen shot it to them the you can call broker services and they will push the app through as long as it's a valid 16 product.

Case in point Silver HSA originally quoted earlier this month...gone now from the broker portal. Per Broker Services and my FMO Contact, only way to discuss Off Exchange products is to talk to that department. Consequentially it was 100 (surly plus plus) calls ahead of me. Broker Services were at least nice enough to warn me ahead of time.

----------

OK.. I'll have to start reading the prior 10 posts in this fast moving thread before speaking. Thanx.

Pg 4 of the pdf

There are five coverage levels for health plans: catastrophic, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. QHP issuers are required to offer silver and gold plans in the Marketplaces and may offer catastrophic, bronze, and platinum plans.

Those requirements are being met on exchange for QHP's as it states in the Marketplace...however on the agent facing enrollment Silver and Gold has been removed.

If a client doesn't passively renew off exchange and the plan remains the same...there are options, but very time consuming...requiring a call to agent services to get them enrolled.

On exchange products can now only be enrolled in via HC.Gov or a WBE. Plans on HC.Gov allow for selection of the silver and gold options with the reduced networks.

Did ANY of your UHC clients even GET a Renewal Letter, Tkruger?

My clients sure haven't...in Texas.

Agents have NO clue what their existing ACA clients will be offered for 2016.

I called Broker Support last week.
They said that Renewal Letters would be issued "some time". But, they had NO definite date-certain.
And, did NOT know if agents would even get a copy of the Renewal Letters (or even an indication inside the Broker Portal about 2016 alternatives/options).

Reminds me of Aetna.
Aetna said: "Ask your clients what their Renewal Letter says."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back