UHC's New Periodic of Background Checking

Mar 13, 2019

1. alphawave2k

alphawave2k Super Genius

State:
    Georgia
    Notice of Periodic Background Investigation
    UnitedHealthcare conducts periodic background investigations of each agent authorized to sell products in the UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Solutions portfolio. The periodic background review is required to remain appointed with UnitedHealthcare and/or its affiliates. This communication serves as notice that UnitedHealthcare will conduct your periodic background review beginning thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. You will receive a separate email containing a formal disclosure about the background check process.

The background investigation may consist of:

• Obtaining an investigative consumer report and/or consumer report that contains information regarding an agent's license, credit and criminal history.
    • A check for any regulatory actions from financial administrations, such as the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and other similar sanctioning repositories.
    Important Information
    If you do not want the periodic background review conducted:

• You must notify UnitedHealthcare within thirty (30) days of the date of this letter that you want to terminate your agreement.
    • Submit your notification to terminate your agreement via email to [email protected] and include your first and last name and Agent ID/writing number. Do not reply to this email.
    • When your notification is received, UnitedHealthcare will initiate the process to terminate your agreement, not-for-cause, and you may be eligible to enter into a Servicing agent status and maintain renewal commissions on policies written effective January 1, 2014 and after. Renewals for policies effective prior to January 1, 2014 are subject to the terms of the contract in effect at the time of the sale including applicable commission amendments. To qualify for Servicing status, you must sign and return the "Intent to Service" document provided with the termination notification, complete the required certification courses, maintain an active resident state license and be appointed in your resident state. If you do not sign and return the "Intent to Service" document, you will not be eligible for renewal commissions for policies written effective January 1, 2014 and after.
    • The background review will begin if notification is not received within the required time frame.
    Your continued commitment and support of UnitedHealthcare and its compliance efforts are appreciated. If you have any additional questions, contact the Producer Help Desk (PHD) at [email protected].

Sincerely,
    Agent Lifecycle Management
    UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions

2. Fisher

Fisher Guru

State:
    Missouri
    Not new, they've done this for years. I tell UHC to let me know if they find anything... because they shouldn't.

Fisher, Mar 13, 2019
  3. alphawave2k

alphawave2k Super Genius

State:
    Georgia
    New to me, unless I haven't been paying attention. I don't think they need to be prompted to let you know, they will be very happy to do it should they find "something" that is counter to what they state. It is creepy to me that if you run into some type of financial difficulty or start getting a lower credit score as highlighted on a portion of their announcement below, they might want to cancel your contract.

4. Desmond Doss

Desmond Doss Super Genius

State:
    Missouri
    Not new. Better to start moving all your clients away from UHC. They are so tangled up in their underwear they will never miss them

5. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I’ve seen this for years since I started writing them in 2009

Chazm, Mar 13, 2019
  6. theinsman06

theinsman06 New Member

State:
    Texas
    And if stuff is found they will terminate your contract

7. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Guru

State:
    Colorado
    Let's be honest, if you were the carrier, wouldn't you want to keep abreast of the small percentage of less savory situations agents get into?

Bring in the BG check, I'm good.

BADTROUT, Mar 14, 2019
  8. DS4

DS4 Guru

State:
    California
    I stole a Pez Dispenser back in the late 50's and got caught. I hope that doesn't show up in my report.

DS4, Mar 15, 2019
  9. grod

grod Super Genius

Actually, this is not what they've done in the past. This time around the background check has been expanded to include an "investigative consumer report" that will include information regarding "your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living".

grod, Mar 15, 2019
  10. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    This is strange just looked it up
    An investigative consumer report is more like a detailed background check. Facts that create a picture of who you are as a person are included in this kind of report, and the gathering of that information might even include interviews with your neighbors, friends and associates.

I never have seen this before what else are they looking for outside of arrests and credit?

vic120, Mar 15, 2019