UHC's New Periodic of Background Checking

This is strange just looked it up
An investigative consumer report is more like a detailed background check. Facts that create a picture of who you are as a person are included in this kind of report, and the gathering of that information might even include interviews with your neighbors, friends and associates.

I never have seen this before what else are they looking for outside of arrests and credit?
UHC's just getting too big for their britches. :yes:

Actually, this is not what they've done in the past. This time around the background check has been expanded to include an "investigative consumer report" that will include information regarding "your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living".

Not new, they've done this for years. I tell UHC to let me know if they find anything... because they shouldn't.

I’ve seen this for years since I started writing them in 2009

So we have a divergence of opinions....some think or know this is not business as usual....slight wrinkle in the program perhaps that we haven't paid close attention to? They (UHC) are also going in the direction of minimum production of MAPD for agents to retain selling status. The good old days of busting your fanny to build a book and see the resids come in ain't going to cut it with them. We know that about the wonderful AARP/UHC Med Supp production, but now it's on to the MAPD's.

Not new. Better to start moving all your clients away from UHC. They are so tangled up in their underwear they will never miss them

I "sell" what's best for the client. Don't have any bias either way on the carrier. Until they start being a pain in the sphincter and then I will marginalize them.

Let's be honest, if you were the carrier, wouldn't you want to keep abreast of the small percentage of less savory situations agents get into? Bring in the BG check, I'm good.

I don't have any issues, they can investigate me all they care to....I'm as pure and white as the driven snow....well some of it is yellow. Wonder how it got that color? I forget that I might have urinated from time to time in parking lots, fields, backyards, front yards off roof-tops, decks and in the ocean...ahhhhhhhh what a relief it was. Hopefully that won't show up on my BG check.

This is strange just looked it up
An investigative consumer report is more like a detailed background check. Facts that create a picture of who you are as a person are included in this kind of report, and the gathering of that information might even include interviews with your neighbors, friends and associates. I never have seen this before what else are they looking for outside of arrests and credit?

Things are "a-changing" folks....just bringing some info here for consumption and enlightenment. You can be grateful or you can be a jerkful....it's your choice!

Back