UHC's New Periodic of Background Checking

I had one of these in 2018. I just received the notice of another background check today. What's the issue? No other company does this to it's agents that I know of.

I had one of these in 2018. I just received the notice of another background check today. What's the issue? No other company does this to it's agents that I know of.

What is it trying to accomplish? So if they find something, they will terminate an agent and keep the renewals?

I have been going through these checks since 07. As I read their contract, Terminate w/cause= they keep the renewals. Terminate w/o cause= you keep the renewals.

Had 1 minor bump in the road with them about 10yrs ago.(old IRS debt from previous business) Sent a copy of paperwork showing it was resolved. No more issues.

I have been going through these checks since 07. As I read their contract, Terminate w/cause= they keep the renewals. Terminate w/o cause= you keep the renewals.

Had 1 minor bump in the road with them about 10yrs ago.(old IRS debt from previous business) Sent a copy of paperwork showing it was resolved. No more issues.

Caveat, not an agent.

Totally off topic here, but your FL customer story is still one of my all time favorites. Nice to see a post from you again.

Credit story: While I have "lots" of credit on the books I owe nothing on any credit card and recently paid off my mortgage. Wonder of wonders my credit dropped 31 points as I no longer have a mortgage through a bank.

Was running from mid 800's to 850. This banking credit "scheme" wants us to be in perpetual debt.

Credit story: While I have "lots" of credit on the books I owe nothing on any credit card and recently paid off my mortgage. Wonder of wonders my credit dropped 31 points as I no longer have a mortgage through a bank.

Was running from mid 800's to 850. This banking credit "scheme" wants us to be in perpetual debt.

That's ok, you are winning. Unfortunately I still have a mortgage, but hope to have it paid off within the next 7-8 years. I'm fortunate that the rate is 2.75%. Feel bad for those buying houses today.

I have credit card debt until the bill comes each month and then it's paid off. The credit card I use pays me 2.62% cash back on everything so I charge as much as possible each month (on necessary expenses) to take advantage of that. I pay cash for cars, but tend to keep them a while. The last one I bought was in 2019. Interesting fact, even if you pay cash (write a check) for a car, they still run your credit report. Just stupid. I guess I could negotiate the deal and then take a cashiers check to them to avoid the credit report.

I pay cash for cars, but tend to keep them a while. The last one I bought was in 2019.

My last car was 2017 and they offered 24 months 0% so I took it and paid it off before the interest clock started running.

My last car was 2017 and they offered 24 months 0% so I took it and paid it off before the interest clock started running.

I'd take advantage of 0% if it were offered on any car I purchase. Just wasn't offered on my particular car in 2019.

Back