Under 65 Disabled/Med Supp Commission

Again, my opinion.

Don't be so sensitive. I said to each his own. In other words, do what you want, but it is not how I would do things because I feel that is a sorry way of doing things. You clearly do not. That's your right. No need to get bent out of shape.

While I do agree with you, you did come across a little condescending. I agree with you simply because you never know where that next referral is going to come from nor do you know what that client might need in the future. In this case, it's a simple med supp. No reason why there should be any service calls for the most part.

I can't tell you how many times I've helped someone without getting paid and it came back to me in different ways. Sure, there have been a few that never referred or I never got anything out of it...but I didn't lose either.

Well I apologize for coming across condescending, though I am not the only one at fault in this thread. But I am glad you see my logic.

You were treated the way you were treating others. As a matter of fact, when I pointed out how you were coming across, your response was, "Don't be so sensitive."

You earned every piece of snark you were given.

Golden rule.

it's a simple med supp. No reason why there should be any service calls for the most part.

I can't tell you how many times I've helped someone without getting paid and it came back to me in different ways.

About 20 years ago I delivered a renewal to a group client. He objected and decided to shop his coverage. He found another agent who brought an offer that was considerably less than my renewal. I don't recall all the details but the savings was in the thousands.

This group had an ongoing large claim . . . premie . . . that was already approaching $100k.

Seems the new agent never told his carrier about this. About a month after the new carrier took over the claims came in. By now the total was over $150k and climbing.

New carrier denied the claim and cancelled the contract.

Not long after that I was named in a lawsuit. The business owner claimed I FORCED him to change plans which was going to cost him and his employee several thousand dollars.

This was a self funded case. Also named were the TPA, stop loss carrier, the former agent, new agent and the new carrier.

The case was settled out of court for a significant chunk of change.

There is no such thing as a "simple" plan involving no service and no risk.

Never say never.

Back