Unethical agent

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have posted where I had an agent trying to replace one of my policies. The applicant was a female smoker with DE. The others agent came by and wrote an American Eagle policy and I knew that wouldn't work because Americo won't take DE. I wrote Transamerica and submitted the application a month ago. The applicant just qualified for SS and was not sure when funds would be deposited on the DE card so Transamerica was waiting to issue when I confirmed the deposit date. I recommended that she open a checking account locally. In the meantime this agent shows up again and the applicant tells him she is buying Transamerica from me. She called me and told me she had opened a checking account at Regions and wanted me to come by. When I get there earlier today she had received what she thought was the policy that I wrote in the mail. Come to find out the other agent submitted an application to Transamera and put the 4th for withdrawal date from the DE card. The lady says she didn't sign a Transamerica app, but who knows. He had all of her info from the Americo app so he may have done it. Well now I get a check for initial premium and the lady wanted me to help return the policy the other agent wrote. The premium won't be paid because all of her money goes to Regions now. Did I do anything wrong? Should I cancel my Transamerica application and write her with another carrier? I was the first agent to stop by so I feel like the other agent should not have written her with Transamerica. If I have a lead who bought the same thing that I have available I walk.

The lady says she didn't sign a Transamerica app, but who knows.
He had all of her info from the Americo app so he may have done it.

I have seen it more than once. Usually FE cases.

I take a picture of the app in the back of the policy, get the client to jot down a small note that she did not want or sign the app and sent it to the company care of the underwriting manager. Back in my youth, I would also call the agent on speaker from the client's home.

If you let them do it to you once it is on you the second time.

Last edited:
Whoa!!

Omph

Owww. Owww!

Damnit, that hurt. Man I think I tweaked my shoulder.

I'm ok, I'm ok. I fell out of my chair like I always do when I hear of an agent behaving unethically. Carry on.

The other agent is probably an old bust out used car man, slash ex subprime mortgage broker trying to pay the lot fee on his single wide,which is currently 60 days down.

when times get tough the tough get creative!

Back