Unicare Fit 2000

In TX just based on plan benefits including limitations and exclusions GR, World and Assurant all offers plans that smoke Unicare. Again, I don't see where they fit in.

Easy....nobody wants to pay their rates....and for the fact that all three have priced my clients off their plans after a year or two.....and the co's plans 5 years ago were not the same as plans today.....back in the day UC did not have a cap for aids.....and two out of three co's your keep throwing up have been bought by major co's.....

I can't see where ratings fit in. Many Blue's have B ratings. Means nothing. In fact most of the companies that have yanked out of states had A ratings. CGI and AMS were both A rated.

and now United owns AMS along with golden rule.......

Unicare is not a bad company at all - I'm not saying they are. But there is better cover to offer. I cannot see your love for them. They are "C" students in the world of health insurance.

BECAUSE I do offer what your limited experience considers better coverage.....but if people do not buy it then what the hell good is it....I think thats why you are pushing World and GR because they are kicking assurants ass in rates......hummmmmmm.....

The only reason I can see for you selling them is simply because they're cheap. Scott....isn't that what you busted me on back in 2003? Just selling cheap coverage when better plans were available?

no I was busting you for selling across the board capped plans(ie mega,UA,ect).....but really John.....I get Checks each month from Unicare,BCBS,Aetna,Pacific Care,Celtic,United,Guardian,Humana ..... ect..........Unicare has been my biggest seller for years(not my only) and I help my clients weigh out their risks and help them get their claims paid.....now you come in here and target one co and degrading them in what it seems that your hearing from your texas agents that keep losing deals to Unicare...guess what ....back in 1996 I was also tired of losing deals to Unicare.....so I have been selling them now for years....and guess what....in all those years not one complaint on a claim not being paid....and John you are really starting to sound like an agency shill that if your not selling what I tell you is good then your selling crap or losing buss. to crap.... I do not have agents under me and think for myself and have been for coming up now 10 years......

Last edited:
Just to set the record straight... I haven't sold any Unicare plans... honestly just wanted to know some details about the Fit line. I got a speciment policy and read it... don't worry about it!

I tend to side with John in this argument btw...

Back