Upcoming Product Changes at Settlers

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Say what you will about Settlers, at least they aren't static. They keep trying to move into new ways of doing things .. some good and some bad.

In this month's Newsletter they announced some changes coming in 2017:

We also listen.
Beginning in 2017, Settlers Life will be introducing
ExpressApp , a complete telephone application process that will allow you to sell Settlers Life without the need to fill out a paper application. In most cases, it won’t be necessary to fax in or mail any supplemental forms. You will no longer need to fill out a paper application, and the entire ExpressApp
including underwriting and voice signature should be under 20 minutes
to complete. Think about it. No more filling out apps. No more waiting on pended cases. You’ll get your business issued and paid faster than ever before!

We keep listening. In 2017, we will be allowing non-smoking insulin dependent diabetics with no complications and no diagnosis before the age of 40 and who meet our height-weight chart to qualify for our Silver plan. That means that both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics may qualify for our Silver Plan. As part of these changes in 2017, our Silver II Plan will be discontinued.

Say what you will about Settlers, at least they aren't static. They keep trying to move into new ways of doing things .. some good and some bad.

We also listen.
ExpressApp , a complete telephone application process that will allow you to sell Settlers Life without the need to fill out a paper application. In most cases, it won’t be necessary to fax in or mail any supplemental forms. You will no longer need to fill out a paper application, and the entire ExpressApp
to complete. Think about it. No more filling out apps. No more waiting on pended cases. You’ll get your business issued and paid faster than ever before!

We keep listening. In 2017, we will be allowing non-smoking insulin dependent diabetics with no complications and no diagnosis before the age of 40 and who meet our height-weight chart to qualify for our Silver plan. That means that both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics may qualify for our Silver Plan. As part of these changes in 2017, our Silver II Plan will be discontinued.

I like Settlers. I haven't had the problems that others have had. Now I like Settlers even more.:)

Bontel looks good in a mask.:yes:

Who are they listening to? When Bontell broached that idea to a group of agents last year they all said they didn't want it.

It's like RNA's voice sig app. It only saves time for the company.

And settlers will screw it up anyway. But, it's not like they are competitive anyway.

We also listen.

Still have to be face to face, or can it be sold over the phone?

Didn't say.. Probably F2F.. I would expect them to "tiptoe" into the 21st century and not "rush headlong" into it. :)I wondered if they would do like Equitable and give the option of sending a paper app without a POS.Kind of the best of both worlds. The best think I see about it is the POS will be a true Know Before You Go like Equitable if I understand what they are saying.. Wonder if they will still have to refer quite a few to underwriting instead of giving a final decision?

Didn't say.. Probably F2F.. I would expect them to "tiptoe" into the 21st century and not "rush headlong" into it. :)I wondered if they would do like Equitable and give the option of sending a paper app without a POS.Kind of the best of both worlds. The best think I see about it is the POS will be a true Know Before You Go like Equitable if I understand what they are saying.. Wonder if they will still have to refer quite a few to underwriting instead of giving a final decision?

Yes..........................................................

I expect it to be open to phone sales again with this new one. Don't know for certain if it will be right away though.

Settlers opened the product up for phone sales a couple of years back and even put two telesales agencies onntheir advisory board at that time. But when they rolled out that newer application it eliminated the internet application they had and the phone sales option was no longer available.

The phone application is taking the place of the internet application and will be usable for people who don't have email.

But unlike RNA, Settlers is not going to require you to give up psper apps with the pos approvsls. So it's just an adfitional option. Not a requirement.

Back