Upheaval continues. Wellcare leaving 6 mapd states .

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Retrenching going on . After 10 yrs of partying the hang over hitting . The strong will get stronger .

Attachments

• IMG_1375.png
    IMG_1375.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 78
I might be ignorant on this topic, but aren’t those six states mostly democrats? If so, for those who want MAPD gone, it seems like they’re siding with the left.
Alabama is MAGA land. The others may be Democrat.

I'm not surprised about Wellcare. All they have left in the Florida panhandle are HMO plans.

Alabama is MAGA land. The others may be Democrat.

I'm not surprised about Wellcare. All they have left in the Florida panhandle are HMO plans.
wellcare was never a major player outside of HMOs and PDP. Their PPO enrollment was non-existent.
The company has also been a dumpster fire for years now. none of this is a surprise.
If anyone here is panicking its because they don't know how to manage their business, or haven't been paying attention.
This is opportunity here.
If any of y'all are stressing about this, I'll buy your book of business.

wellcare was never a major player outside of HMOs and PDP. Their PPO enrollment was non-existent.
The company has also been a dumpster fire for years now. none of this is a surprise.
If anyone here is panicking its because they don't know how to manage their business, or haven't been paying attention.
This is opportunity here.
If any of y'all are stressing about this, I'll buy your book of business.
I’ve got around 10 on PPO’s that are ending Dec 31st. Have to switch them.

WellCare is the worst company on earth!!!!
You likely will not see this, but I am making the comment anyway because you have made a broad, blanket statement.

Caveat, not an agent.

There ARE actual agents who would disagree with you on that opinion, at least for PDP's.

A few years ago I walked up to the agent table at my local Dillons during AEP and spoke a little bit with the agent.

I don't remember the specific "problem of that season" with wellcare that was being posted here. I told him I was a non-agent member of an insurance agent internet forum and that agents had been posting about a lot of problems with Wellcare.

He told me he had sold several Wellcare plans and had had no trouble with them. The tone of the conversation was that he had zero concern about continuing to sell Wellcare plans at that time.

Personally, as a consumer I have had no problems with my Wellcare PDP at Dillons in 2024. I use T1 and T2 meds. (I may have purchased 1 T3).

That is a consumer opinion, yes, but I have accompanied it with a factual statement from an agent earning a living selling Medicare related stuff.

You likely will not see this, but I am making the comment anyway because you have made a broad, blanket statement.

Caveat, not an agent.

There ARE actual agents who would disagree with you on that opinion, at least for PDP's.

A few years ago I walked up to the agent table at my local Dillons during AEP and spoke a little bit with the agent.

I don't remember the specific "problem of that season" with wellcare that was being posted here. I told him I was a non-agent member of an insurance agent internet forum and that agents had been posting about a lot of problems with Wellcare.

He told me he had sold several Wellcare plans and had had no trouble with them. The tone of the conversation was that he had zero concern about continuing to sell Wellcare plans at that time.

Personally, as a consumer I have had no problems with my Wellcare PDP at Dillons in 2024. I use T1 and T2 meds. (I may have purchased 1 T3).

That is a consumer opinion, yes, but I have accompanied it with a factual statement from an agent earning a living selling Medicare related stuff.
I'm sure it works for some people. I know those who have an MA only plan like them. In my experience they do not honor a lot of things. I am not contracted with them. So I don't say anything to my clients or potential clients. And if they do have them agents cannot say a word just can compare that with other plans.

Caveat, not an agent.

Always such a contrarian

Back