Upheaval continues. Wellcare leaving 6 mapd states .

Always such a contrarian
It was a broad brush statement which goes against

My personal experience with Wellcare PDP

The experience told to me by an experienced agent "too busy selling insurance to participate in internet forums"

and

general experience with Wellcare posted by at least one other forum member in another Wellcare related thread.

wellcare was never a major player outside of HMOs and PDP. Their PPO enrollment was non-existent.
The company has also been a dumpster fire for years now. none of this is a surprise.
If anyone here is panicking its because they don't know how to manage their business, or haven't been paying attention.
This is opportunity here.
If any of y'all are stressing about this, I'll buy your book of business.

Depends is a few spots, For instance in NY they have a PPO $140 something like that per month, but they have an out of pocket max for both in and out of network that made it an attractive choice for cancer patients

Who cannot get immediate cov on med supp due to no prior coverage

Amazing how I do run into those from time to time in NY, I have one who refers to me from her office

but what I mean is these are usually people who have money who just had Medicare with no Supp NO adv sometimes no drug cov even

The experience told to me by an experienced agent "too busy selling insurance to participate in internet forums"

and

general experience with Wellcare posted by at least one other forum member in another Wellcare related thread.

There's a reason WellCare plans average a 2.5 star rating.. your personal experience isn't really THAT important especially when you don't have an MAPD (which is what this thread is bout)

and

There's a reason WellCare plans average a 2.5 star rating.. your personal experience isn't really THAT important especially when you don't have an MAPD (which is what this thread is bout)
Like I said I would not and cannot disparage another company when actively marketing to someone. However; I will take my own experience and the experience of my clients and my friends who are agents and there clients and say WellCare does not come through. PDP is way different than MAPD.

Like I said I would not and cannot disparage another company when actively marketing to someone. However; I will take my own experience and the experience of my clients and my friends who are agents and there clients and say WellCare does not come through. PDP is way different than MAPD.

We aren't selling here, speak freely (medicare) bro

If you’ve been in this industry a while, especially as an agent, you know that WellCare is the worst run plan in the business. Every plan is right for someone, and the worst run plans aren’t terrible every day, but you’re kidding yourself if you think WellCare is near the top of the list.

- Overseas call center customer support from people who sound like they didn’t make the cut for working at Dell.

- Giving PDP member records to agents and asking them to switch them to a WellCare MAPD. Even when the member says to stop calling.

- Trash medical networks (in most areas) and heavy handed prior auths/referrals.

- High complaint rates and relatively low star ratings.

- Commission admin challenges, although this seems to have gotten better lately.

This is what you get when a Medicaid payer builds a Medicare plan using its Medicaid foundation. You get all the stuff that looks and feels like … Medicaid.

To be fair, I think their social services and disease management programs are solid. That comes from their Medicaid background. They’re used to serving difficult member cohorts.

Express Scripts now administers the WellCare PDPs. They’ve been okay. Better than the old administrator.

Walter

WellCare customer service has come a long way. I refused to call them for years. I called them twice towards the beginning of the year and both times a local person picked up and it was fast. I was pleasantly surprised.

WellCare is the worst company on earth!!!!

and

---------------------------------------------------------------

The agent I responded to made a broad brush statement, not limited to MAPD's, or even to insurance companies, which in my experience, and the experience of a (non-forum member) seasoned agent with at least 10 years experience in the Medicare market, is not true.

Back