Upheaval continues. Wellcare leaving 6 mapd states .

---------------------------------------------------------------

The agent I responded to made a broad brush statement, not limited to MAPD's, or even to insurance companies, which in my experience, and the experience of a (non-forum member) seasoned agent with at least 10 years experience in the Medicare market, is not true.

k

You likely will not see this, but I am making the comment anyway because you have made a broad, blanket statement.

Caveat, not an agent.

There ARE actual agents who would disagree with you on that opinion, at least for PDP's.

A few years ago I walked up to the agent table at my local Dillons during AEP and spoke a little bit with the agent.

I don't remember the specific "problem of that season" with wellcare that was being posted here. I told him I was a non-agent member of an insurance agent internet forum and that agents had been posting about a lot of problems with Wellcare.

He told me he had sold several Wellcare plans and had had no trouble with them. The tone of the conversation was that he had zero concern about continuing to sell Wellcare plans at that time.

Personally, as a consumer I have had no problems with my Wellcare PDP at Dillons in 2024. I use T1 and T2 meds. (I may have purchased 1 T3).

That is a consumer opinion, yes, but I have accompanied it with a factual statement from an agent earning a living selling Medicare related stuff.
A couple of years ago (in North & Central Kansas) they dropped a pharmacy that is one of those regional providers that most everyone loves. People were jumping as fast as they could to carriers who didn't drop a pharmacy that provided probably 50% Pharmacy services over a 19-county area. This pharmacy has a few in Nebraska as well, I think, but I'm not sure if they did the same thing to them.

This kind of action comes across as unstable, and sketchy, especially at this late date. I guess those first looks are gonna change. I think I will drop them... why make an effort for the flaky company who will dump all this with what doesn't seen much forethought. I've been in Medicare since 2019, but was in a non-profit for 3 years, salaried and didn't worry at all about commissions but it ticks me off when a carrier does things like this. I do not have a good feeling about this company. I haven't read all the comments, but I will. I'm interested in opinions of more seasoned agents, too.

Watch your six out there. Never thought I'd need to say that while working in insurance biz. Oy!

Liz
Kansas

Back