Value of Domain Name - Opinion?

Sure, but do you think the name has value because you love it for some sort of hobby project website you'll find personally gratifying, and maybe sell a few ads; or are you going to attempt to monetize it in a serious way? I'm not in the insurance industry, so maybe you have some brilliant marketing vision I'm oblivious to.
I'm just saying that's a URL that is valuable for someone wishing to brand it.

Most insurance agents will never have a "brand".

I'm not an expert but I've been an insurance agent for a long time and I generate all of my leads online.

I'm just saying that's a URL that is valuable for someone wishing to brand it.

Most insurance agents will never have a "brand".

I'm not an expert but I've been an insurance agent for a long time and I generate all of my leads online.
I'm not saying HoldMyBeer couldn't be branded, but it would be interesting to see to what purpose? Sure, someone could invest in building a brand around it, like they could with very numerous other catchy short phrases that are in great supply, but IMHO the value of HoldMyBeer depends on the probability (or lack thereof) of that one phrase being embraced and targeted by an already well capitalized entity. So, how broad is that opportunity without depending on luck?

Godaddy appraises it for $1671 - However - You may have to hold it for a while to get that. How long are you willing to hold it for the $$. Moving the registry to namesilo or name cheap would keep you under $10 a year registration. I own over 300 domains, and I would,t pay more than $100 for it. But then I would either build a site out or resell it

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using your domain names for? Do you sell/flip them or do you use them to create adsense lead gen sites?

I purchased a domain name recently. Here's the skinny:

You're not getting $1600, and probably not even $160. Domain names don't carry the value they did in the early 2000's.

Hell, insurance agents will even go with a .org or .net. The org looks less "salesy."

Here's my example:

I bought TravisPrice.com. It had been up for sale for at least 5 years and they wanted $500. This was discounted from $750 about a year ago.

I had waited because it was up for renewal this year and wanted to see if they'd let it lapse. They didn't. I called up and bought it for $150.

That's from a domain name selling company. Who likely buys in bulk and gets discounts. Secondly, your name has more brand value in this business than a generic "getquotes" domain name.

Exact Match Domain's are also looked at as a bit spammy.

Do you. If you want to list it for $1600, go for it. I think you'd be setting yourself up for failure.

I'd try to sell it what I had in it +20%, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Back