VOIP Provider Recommendations

Why do agents use VOIP instead unlimited long distance plans?

If you ever need pbx features youd rather have sip based phones because it's a lot cheaper to expand. Like say you have someone halfway across the state you need to be able to transfer calls to, with a traditional pbx you need multiple lines to route that, with a VoIP or sip solution a virtual assignment handles it. You don't need massive amts of physical hardware to do it.

Good Internet connection over ringcentral is impossible to tell that it is a sip phone. My bandwidth would allow for better call quality than copper lines can handle.

It'll continue to move that way.

If you ever need pbx features youd rather have sip based phones because it's a lot cheaper to expand. Like say you have someone halfway across the state you need to be able to transfer calls to, with a traditional pbx you need multiple lines to route that, with a VoIP or sip solution a virtual assignment handles it. You don't need massive amts of physical hardware to do it.

Good Internet connection over ringcentral is impossible to tell that it is a sip phone. My bandwidth would allow for better call quality than copper lines can handle.

It'll continue to move that way.

So very true. As another Ringcentral user I was at first concerned about call quality, but have had no issues....The call quality thing just recently resurfaced for me as my parents just dropped their land line phone in favor of vonage and the quality is terrible...I comment on it on every phone call.

The other thing I love about VOIP is I plan to move sometime down the line and that moved would have required a new local phone number, not anymore my local number is already through Ringcentral and will move with me.

Mark,

I use Voipo through Hostgator. Have for a couple years for residential just got a business line through them. Great service. If you don't have someone referring you, I would like to.PM me if you have questions about their service.

MagicJack and Ring Central. Been using Magicjack for over a year and my buddy has for a couple years. $20 a year with unlimited long distance. Plugs into your pc and then plug a line into ANY phone. Better quality than our local Bell. Works on fax machine too. You can take magicjack on the road too by using your laptop or plugging into another pc and look like your calling from the office when you are on the beach. Awesome for 20 a YEAR.

I have my 800 number parked with Ring Central. Calls get forwarded to my Magicjack number and their voice mail if I don't answer. No complaints. $30 a month.

You can get Magicjack in any area code you want so you can buy additional units for other areas than where you live but want to call and look local.

Last edited:
My advise when it comes to phone lines is to remember it is your most significant way to communicate with your clients/prospects. It's not worth saving a few dollars to get a service that may not be as reliable.

There are a LOT of very inexpensive VOIP providers out there. You need to make sure you have a business package, not a residential provider. I use RingCentral, when I first signed up, I thought they were a bit pricey, but they have been flawless, and well worth the perhaps $10 a month more I pay with them than I would with a different provider.

Again, the phone is your lifeblood to your commission check. Don't screw it up.

Dan

I'm working on a way right now to setup a pbx server in my house and use sip lines from ringcentral to work as a multiline dialer.

It looks like the total cost is about 200 dollars in computer plus however many lines you wanna dial with monthly. Quality should be amazing.

It will also allow the pbx to post inbound calls into the crm and pop up the lead screen, and my total monthly cost is gonna be like 100 bucks for 3 line and the crm.

Plus the integration coding nightmare that I'm going to have to negotiate.

For those keeping score most crms are 40 bucks a month, most dialers are 100, plus you still need phone service. I'll be 3 line for less cost hosting my own crm off my web server, and my dialer pbx will be sitting on my floor.

Other cool thing about this, it could be used to expand internally to more agents via additional ringcentral lines.

My residential Internet should be able to do like 10 lines on a 200 dollar server.

That would be enough for 5 or 6 agents to dial 3 line, since all lines wouldn't be necessary at the same time.

Imagine 6 agent 3 line dialing for 200 bucks a month.

Software is all open source too, so no licensing. Several companies are licensing this software back to us for 100 bucks a month with trunking included.

Gonna see if I'm smart enough to do that anyway.

Point being, ringcentral can be modified to do even that, because of it being sip capable you have tons of options.

Back