Want to Sell Final Expense

I think its about your position. Get in the door, find someone willing to Train you and offer you leads. Its better to get experience and free leads up front and to branch off on your own later. Why try to go at it without training and without leads.

Everyone keeps saying Buy your own leads, I wish people understood that most people coming into Insurance Don't Have the Money to buy their own leads. Then the money spent and wasted on buying leads and no Training its just not worth the waste of money in the beginning. I say go somewhere with free leads and training. As myinsurbiz said "100 Percent of Nothing is Nothing"

Training is critical regardless of which direction you go with leads. Choosing an IMO is important - will they provide training? What will that lead cost me today and down the road in renewals?

15 leads @ $15 each = $225

$600 AP(avg. sale) X 80% contract = $480 X 6 apps = $2,880

or

$600 AP(avg. sale) X 115% contract = $690 X 6 apps = $4,140

1000 piece mailer @ $344 @ 1.5% return = 15 leads

Nothing is free...

Don't give up half of your commissions for free leads. You are better off keeping your 50% and buying your own leads.

Example if they are giving you a 9 to 15 dollar lead, then don't give up more then 9 to 15 worth of commissions. If that makes sense at all.

I see some agents giving up 50 to 100 dollars at least an app for a free 9 to 15 dollar lead. Some how that makes sense to them.

I would give up 5 dollars in commission for a 20 dollar lead. I hope this makes sense.

With this being said, I think you are better off learning to prospect then buying leads, if someone will teach you how to do it.

That is my 2 cent worth.

Mark, why do you think prospecting is so painful for so many agents?

JODI SAID- "Mark, why do you think prospecting is so painful for so many agents?"
================================================

Damnit Jodi! If your so good at selling life insurance why are you in here on Sunday trying to look for pigeons to sell your bogus 50 dollar master life insurance salesman course? Is that what you wanted to hear?:1confused:

Thanks Yoda ... you are always looking out for me :).

No, seriously, I'm having so many agents call and email me about prospecting and how they just can't do it ...

so curious to Marks perspective and how he convinces agents to get out there and do it ...

Mark, why do you think prospecting is so painful for so many agents?

Obviously I'm not Mark but I would like to address that question.

The biggest reason I have found is that agents have not developed a smooth, conversational phone presentation. Simply reading a "script" is not going to enable them to be successful.

They will hardly ever sell anything during a "phone call". The phone call must be transitioned into a conversation to enable the agent to make a sale.

Properly using the phone is a learned, well practiced art. It is the first and most important part of the sales process. If skills are lacking during the initial contact sales are going to be very difficult to make.

Once the agent begins to experience success using the phone prospecting becomes much more pleasant.

The most successful agents are the ones who have perfected prospecting.

Good Stuff.

I really like your posts Frank!!

Thank you ...

BTW: I'm right there with you ... I've found cold calling to be very effective (even though I hired someone else to do it :) ) ... but hey, it works! ha!

Latest posts

Back