Wellcare $0 PDP in 2025

I won't ever write Wellcare again. Never have and never will write their MAPD. I have a LOT of clients on their PDP's so this is a big loss for me. I also am not planning on trying to move all 600 to cigna for $1 per month commission...especially when it is $20-$28/mo in all the states I am in. Id rather focus on new business. I pretty much see all PDP business going through medicare.gov in the near future.
That's how I feel too,

Not really the same t6 is gone, now those expensive meds will be 25% 0r 47%
I thought someone posted a first look a few weeks ago that showed that WC Value Script Tier 4 was dropping from 50% to 36% (in Northern CA region).

At least some of the Tier 6 drugs (deductible, then $11) were expensive enough to hit the 25% coverage gap and its manufacturer discounts, and I realized a while back that there was no way they could sustain that value with elimination of the gap. (Even if they didn't alone quite reach the gap, or not until very late in the year, if beneficiary also took several other expensive drugs they'd certainly reach the gap mid-year or earlier.)

Wellcare actually only had Tier 6 for 2 years - 2023 and 2024.

Cigna used to offer a Tier 6 for I think 2 of their plans, but had already discontinued that for 2024. I wonder if it will be back (unlikely).

Great advice. Move all of her med supp biz over to mapd. Ummm. 🤔
Absolutely, you are finally seeing the light! If it puts them in a better position overall, why wouldn’t she? Over 90% of mine are MAPD and would laugh if I tried switching them to a Med Sup and crappy PDP. Ran that scenario past a few last AEP just to see their reaction. All said why the hell would I do that. 😀

Welp we see how much they appreciate up. Pretty much same plan as this year but at $0 in all states I checked except NJ where it was $2.30/mo.

I really really hope that the agent community is bold and stubborn and refuses to write their MA - so that they tank.

But hey! I hear they have good leadership! 🤡

The WC bait & switch (low premium PDP twisted into carrier direct MAPD) must have worked well for them.

I had several clients alert me to the phone calls they had from WC reps/agents pitching the wonderful $0 premium plan with all the goodies. Not a single one volunteered to change.

One lady was enrolled in the HMO MAPD without her consent and only notified AFTER 12/7. I was able to get her switched back and only had the HMO for a month. Her PDP was reinstated and her Medigap was never cancelled.

I would anticipate another aggressive twisting attempt to continue in 2025.

The WC bait & switch (low premium PDP twisted into carrier direct MAPD) must have worked well for them.

I had several clients alert me to the phone calls they had from WC reps/agents pitching the wonderful $0 premium plan with all the goodies. Not a single one volunteered to change.

One lady was enrolled in the HMO MAPD without her consent and only notified AFTER 12/7. I was able to get her switched back and only had the HMO for a month. Her PDP was reinstated and her Medigap was never cancelled.

I would anticipate another aggressive twisting attempt to continue in 2025.

For every one that is caught and corrected, I wonder how many times people get sucked into changing without realizing it.

Or even outright switched without consent.

Last year during AEP, one of my Plan G clients told me how good her Humana dental was... but she didn't think her Plan G did much. Three years - three years! She had MAPD + G. Plan G paid $0 for 3 yrs and she just kinda was ok with things (very few claims). She just thought it was dental.

For every one that is caught and corrected, I wonder how many times people get sucked into changing without realizing it.

Or even outright switched without consent.

Last year during AEP, one of my Plan G clients told me how good her Humana dental was... but she didn't think her Plan G did much. Three years - three years! She had MAPD + G. Plan G paid $0 for 3 yrs and she just kinda was ok with things (very few claims). She just thought it was dental.
Several years ago I came across a guy in the exact same situation.
Ended up helping him cancel his Bankers Life/Colonial Penn plan G, and he ultimately received 3 years worth of premiums refunded to him.

I'm going to tell all mu clients that I have lost confidence in Wellcare and my recommendation is they switch to another PDP for 2025, especially if they want me to be able to service them.

I'll cite the fact that the recent moves indicate that Wellcare is doing everything they can to get out of the PDP market by not working with agents.

I'll make it clear that if they decide to stay with Wellcare, I'll be more than glad to services their Med Sup needs, but they're on their own with Precription Drugs. I suspect that at least half of my book of Wellcare business will move if not more.

Back