Wellcare 2025 Sales Materials Ordering starts tomorrow (Sept 30)

Their playbook is fairly obvious, IMO. They are buying this biz, screwing the agent, and their call centers will have tens of millions of prospects to try to convert to MAPD in 2025. Don't understand how any agent would write WC MAPD or D, but to each his own.

I did speak to a wellcare rep at a FMO AEP kick off meeting and she responded there is a good chance wellcare will start paying renewals again in 2026 for the agents of record. I was told they initially submitted to CMS a $0 premium and once commission structure was changed, they went back to CMS to get clearance to change their premium to at least $5,mth or so as to cover the commissions, but CMS would not let them. She was real sincere and seemed to be concerned about the whole situation. For this reason, at least for another year, I'll continue to write Wellcare pdp plans when its the best fit for a client and hope for the best in 2026. I'm still upset like everyone else over my renewals this year, for I have a good bit of Wellcare pdp business on the books.
Considering that the
I did speak to a wellcare rep at a FMO AEP kick off meeting and she responded there is a good chance wellcare will start paying renewals again in 2026 for the agents of record. I was told they initially submitted to CMS a $0 premium and once commission structure was changed, they went back to CMS to get clearance to change their premium to at least $5,mth or so as to cover the commissions, but CMS would not let them. She was real sincere and seemed to be concerned about the whole situation. For this reason, at least for another year, I'll continue to write Wellcare pdp plans when its the best fit for a client and hope for the best in 2026. I'm still upset like everyone else over my renewals this year, for I have a good bit of Wellcare pdp business on the books.
Considering that the 25 FMV is $4.58 PMPM, that means that they would have paid over and above everyone else. Those are some generous guys.

Their playbook is fairly obvious, IMO. They are buying this biz, screwing the agent, and their call centers will have tens of millions of prospects to try to convert to MAPD in 2025. Don't understand how any agent would write WC MAPD or D, but to each his own.
Can't really convert anyone or call if you don't provide emails and or phone numbers..

Back