WellCare Do Ya or Don't?

More "good" news on WellCare.
S&P says WellCare rating still on Watch - MSNBC Wire Services - MSNBC.com

S&P says WellCare rating still on Watch
APTRANS.gif

NEW YORK - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said Tuesday it is keeping its counterparty credit rating for WellCare Health Plans Inc. on "Watch negative," amid a lawsuit and requests for information from regulatory authorities.
On Oct. 25, the agency placed WellCare's "BB-" credit rating _ a non-investment grade rating _ on Watch negative. Watch negative means the S&P could lower the company's ratings in the near term.
S&P had cited an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service Office of Inspector General, and the Florida attorney general's Medicaid Fraud Control unit.

Rick

So, how do we as agents feel about recommending this company. I have somewhat mixed emotions. After all, Medicare is okay with them but S&P is worried. How long before doctors stop accepting the plans?

Are we no supposed to inform our prospects that WellCare has low ratings? (And we could say the same about Pyramid).

I've been enrolling people in Aetna. Not always the best benefits, but they are a very highly rated carrier and I have not heard of any providers balking at accepting their PFFS.

Rick

[FONT=&quot]I stopped selling WellCare after January 1 due to their FMO whom tried to bait-and-switch my contracts. I am unable to recommend their plan for two more months. This is due to a non-contractual, anti-trust violation that places a dysfunctional three month hold in order to switch FMO’s.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I doubt any of us can predict what Medicare will do. Medicare will be the last to make any announcements. My concern is the stock market could be a more immediate factor. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This company could become an attractive takeover target. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I stopped selling WellCare after January 1 due to their FMO whom tried to bait-and-switch my contracts. I am unable to recommend their plan for two more months. This is due to a non-contractual, anti-trust violation that places a dysfunctional three month hold in order to switch FMO’s. [/FONT]
When I got screwed, it was 6 months.

Gee, if there was just someone, anyone, on this board that might warn people before they sign with an FMO. :nah:

Sigh....

Rick

When I got screwed, it was 6 months.

Gee, if there was just someone, anyone, on this board that might warn people before they sign with an FMO. :nah:

Sigh....

Rick

Give it time, I'm sure there are agents who might want to implement a different system then the traditional FMO route :)

Back