Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

So, if your current client on NO meds or few generics is on WC Value for $0, and you can move them to a Cigna Assurance PDP for $0 with no commission, or move them to the $20 ABC PDP plan for the $50 commission. Which would you choose???

Ethics alert !!

And this is why they need to allow us to charge $50 fees
It's easy. They will get the option. You can choose Wellcare and save some money, but you won't have my help if/when you run into a drug issue. Or, you can pay more and select a plan that I can service.

Either one is fine as long as you are transparent. I replaced a lot of those garbage Aetna Smartrx plans with that exact same conversation. A small percentage will go for the savings, and that is okay.

With the amount of PA and underhanded crap that Wellcare is going to pull this year, it won't be the best time to have one less advocate.

Does anyone even know what their pdp will co

I don’t think it’s out . Letters out I just read it . Very concerning is they act like could be changes to mapd comp once we sign the new contract . So much we don’t know . Will certain plans we’re seeing be no commission ? What will commissions be on mapd . Companies usually don’t release until end of sept beginning of oct

That might be okay but suppose they have a med-supp with you? I would have to help.
I’d do my best to help but if it’s a non commissionable plan, my services will be limited not just because of the compensation but because I can’t be the broker of record.

Examples of help would be running a quick plan search using their drugs, highlighting a plan or two that seem appropriate, explaining to them how to enroll, etc. And if they have a bad experience with the plan, I’ll explain how to call the company and what they might ask.

So I won’t turn my back on them but my services will be more limited than what I can offer with an unbrokered plan.

Walter

I don’t think it’s out . Letters out I just read it . Very concerning is they act like could be changes to mapd comp once we sign the new contract . So much we don’t know . Will certain plans we’re seeing be no commission ? What will commissions be on mapd . Companies usually don’t release until end of sept beginning of oct

If WellCare didn’t pay commish on MAPD, they will be out of biz. It’s easy not to pay commission on their PDP because most of the US is already on it and the premium will probably be decent for 2025 so most won’t leave.

If they went to no commissions on their MAPD, they are gone. I’ll put money on their MAPD paying commissions. Even though i don’t care about their MAPD.

If WellCare didn’t pay commish on MAPD, they will be out of biz. It’s easy not to pay commission on their PDP because most of the US is already on it and the premium will probably be decent for 2025 so most won’t leave.

If they went to no commissions on their MAPD, they are gone. I’ll put money on their MAPD paying commissions. Even though i don’t care about their MAPD.
I assure you if united axed the agent it would hurt a little at the beginning but they’d take that $1 billion of commissions they save and they can do huge advertising and hire 50k telesales agents . With are without the independent agent the same # of people will still buy mapd

It's easy. They will get the option. You can choose Wellcare and save some money, but you won't have my help if/when you run into a drug issue. Or, you can pay more and select a plan that I can service.

Either one is fine as long as you are transparent. I replaced a lot of those garbage Aetna Smartrx plans with that exact same conversation. A small percentage will go for the savings, and that is okay.

With the amount of PA and underhanded crap that Wellcare is going to pull this year, it won't be the best time to have one less advocate.
What's the highest premium your clients are willing to pay for your "services"? Assuming $0 prem, and $0 commission PDP plan is avail.

$20/mo ? X 12 = $240/year. You ain't worth $240 for 15 minutes of PDP shopping

I assure you if united axed the agent it would hurt a little at the beginning but they’d take that $1 billion of commissions they save and they can do huge advertising and hire 50k telesales agents . With are without the independent agent the same # of people will still buy mapd

It doesn’t work. Their numbers will go down. They want to grow, not decline. It’s why Florida Blue finally allowed Indy agents a few years ago.

MAPD commissions are still going to be around as long as the govt doesn’t interfere anymore.
Ha! I kid. You know they will.

It doesn’t work. Their numbers will go down. They want to grow, not decline. It’s why Florida Blue finally allowed Indy agents a few years ago.

MAPD commissions are still going to be around as long as the govt doesn’t interfere anymore.
Ha! I kid. You know they will.
Like I said . I’ll ride this till the wheels fall off .

Back