Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

What's the highest premium your clients are willing to pay for your "services"? Assuming $0 prem, and $0 commission PDP plan is avail.

$20/mo ? X 12 = $240/year. You ain't worth $240 for 15 minutes of PDP shopping
Wellcare will not be zero, I'm guessing 18.50 a month

I don’t think it’s out . Letters out I just read it . Very concerning is they act like could be changes to mapd comp once we sign the new contract . So much we don’t know . Will certain plans we’re seeing be no commission ? What will commissions be on mapd . Companies usually don’t release until end of sept beginning of oct
I'll never recontract with them, current people may stay there depending on pdp premium. But they will see no new biz , I have written zero smart rx plans since they stopped paying new commissions. Have not even looked at their plan as it does not show up on sunfire,

I'll never recontract with them, current people may stay there depending on pdp premium. But they will see no new biz , I have written zero smart rx plans since they stopped paying new commissions. Have not even looked at their plan as it does not show up on sunfire,

Speaking of smartrx, how badly has aetna screwed up on their PDP?

If they had come to the table with more than one plan, they could have used this last minute rebid to make something attractive.

But instead, they have one mediocre plan. I just dont understand it. Surely somebody will be fired for this.

I can’t imagine the assurance plan being $0. It’s only made for people with LIS. I wouldn’t even think that would qualify for LIS.

So, if your current client on NO meds or few generics is on WC Value for $0, and you can move them to a Cigna Assurance PDP for $0 with no commission, or move them to the $20 ABC PDP plan for the $50 commission. Which would you choose???

Ethics alert !!

And this is why they need to allow us to charge $50 fees
There will be no zero dollar premium pdp plan, spoiler alert, if all things are equal Hello Cigna for zero

Speaking of smartrx, how badly has aetna screwed up on their PDP?

If they had come to the table with more than one plan, they could have used this last minute rebid to make something attractive.

But instead, they have one mediocre plan. I just dont understand it. Surely somebody will be fired for this.
Ya and the smart rx people are not being mapped to to the one and only plan..

Rest in peace to Wellcare's business, as a whole. They were always a crap company, but there is no way in hell I would recommend anyone go to them with business "ethics" like that.

Not paying for new business is bad enough. Not paying for established renewals is BEYOND effed up. That should be illegal.

And not for nothing but where is our "advocate" (and unofficial union) NABIP, and the FMO's, about this??? This should never be allowed under ANY circumstances.

I also hate to bring politics into this, but it's very relevant. Stuff like this is happening directly as a result of DEMOCRAT policies.

Some people might not like to hear that, but it's the truth. Any agent voting for this party has severe mental issues. Another 4 years of this and none of us are gonna have any wages coming in.

Also, just for info…..Centene is WellCare’s parent company. They also own MeridianCare and Allwell. Do with that information what you will.

Last edited:
Rest in peace to Wellcare's business, as a whole. They were always a crap company, but there is no way in hell I would recommend anyone go to them with business "ethics" like that. Not paying for new business is bad enough. Not paying for established renewals is BEYOND effed up. That should be illegal. And not for nothing but where is our "advocate" (and unofficial union) NABIP about this??? This should never be allowed under ANY circumstances. I also hate to bring politics into this, but it's very relevant. Stuff like this is happening directly as a result of DEMOCRAT policies. Some people might not like to hear that, but it's the truth. Any agent voting for this party has sever mental issues. Another 4 years of this and none of us are gonna have any wages coming in.
Any lawyers in the crowd that can look at our contracts and see if our renewals are protected? I have no idea. Seems they should be since they were agreed to by both parties and we haven’t signed anything saying differently.

Back