Wellcare PDP Class Action Suit

Out of curiosity, would the defendants retaliate if the plaintiff law suit is unsuccessful?
This is one of the things that have to be handled early in the suit to make sure that the class is protected. I have already told the attorneys this is an issue because I have other contracts with Wellcare, and of course, I have lots of contracts with all their competitors If there is retaliation, then that creates the basis for a lawsuit #2, but I would rather not risk it.

If the attorneys decide to take the case, one of the first things they will do is to force disclosure of the list of aggrieved parties. In other suits this is not so easily achieved, but in this case, these contracts are known to another entity (CMS) I don't think Wellcare would risk trying to B.S. the court as they could very easily get caught cheating, and that would probably end up in major punitive damages. Once the attorneys have the lists they can try to make the class an Opt-Out, meaning that if you are an aggrieved party, you are in unless you respond and say you want to opt-out.

I hope to know by the end of the week if we have a case after the attorneys have reviewed the contract.

No one reached out, so no one saves the contracts, or no one is interested in getting back their $50 or $60 or $70 k a year in Wellcare PDP commission ! In any case, I did find a copy of the contract, and sent it to two law firms for review. If any of the law firms want to go forward, I will reach out again with some more detail and the particulars of whatever lawsuit they want to bring. It will take 40 to 50 aggrieved parties to join, and once they do, I will do my best to make this thing an Opt-out class action (assuming the law firms go forward) In that case, you are in, unless you decide to be out and handle things on your own. My thinking is that a percentage of my lost commission is better than 100% of 0 .. others may disagree.
I don't have a copy, but can probably get it if you give me a day or two

This is one of the things that have to be handled early in the suit to make sure that the class is protected. I have already told the attorneys this is an issue because I have other contracts with Wellcare, and of course, I have lots of contracts with all their competitors If there is retaliation, then that creates the basis for a lawsuit #2, but I would rather not risk it.

If the attorneys decide to take the case, one of the first things they will do is to force disclosure of the list of aggrieved parties. In other suits this is not so easily achieved, but in this case, these contracts are known to another entity (CMS) I don't think Wellcare would risk trying to B.S. the court as they could very easily get caught cheating, and that would probably end up in major punitive damages. Once the attorneys have the lists they can try to make the class an Opt-Out, meaning that if you are an aggrieved party, you are in unless you respond and say you want to opt-out.

I hope to know by the end of the week if we have a case after the attorneys have reviewed the contract.
i have it. send me a pm with your email address, I'll send it over. I am redacting my personal information from the document. I don't imagine that will be an issue

No one reached out...

No one reached out, so no one saves the contracts, or no one is interested in getting back their $50 or $60 or $70 k a year in Wellcare PDP commission !
According to the timestamps, there were a total of 16 minutes between your first request and then stating that no one reached out. 16 minutes. On a holiday Monday.

Odd.

I don't have a copy, but can probably get it if you give me a day or two
Thank you David, I did an Update yesterday and said I already got the copy...it is actually in the Wellcare broker portal. I have already sent this to the attorneys, and hope they will answer by the end op this week whether we have a case or not.

This guy supposedly wants to lead a class action suit but doesn’t even have a copy of the agreement at the heart of the class action? Haha
Engaging your brain ( if available) is a good idea before you post sarcasm. I started this thread about 8 days ago

Back