Wellcare PDP Class Action Suit

Why would CMS encourage steering, and say "no" to WC paying commissions, when that's what they are trying to prevent?

I know, making sense of the gov't is a waste of time
Because WellCare mischaracterized what happened. Guys built a plan with a certain profit margin. You can't change that margin in your rebid. So now they’ll live with the consequences of choosing themselves over their distributors (and their clients).

We have a couple of weeks yet to sign a new contract with WellCare … I cling to some hope that there are advocates for us to fight the robbery of renewals that WellCare has decided to steal . HAFA is an organization that has sent letters to DC but I am not sure what this entails , or how long it takes to make a change . You would think that CMS would say look , we bailed you guys out , you have to pay renewals to keep our seniors serviced , but it seems like nothing like that is being done . Here we are stuck saying well “it is what it is “ , if WellCare gets away with this it will set a tone for all insurance companies to “pay when they want “ , it won’t stop at PDP …. You can eventually kiss your MA and supplement business goodbye . Why hasn’t a law group picked this up yet ???

Back