Wellcare PDP Class Action Suit

According to the timestamps, there were a total of 16 minutes between your first request and then stating that no one reached out. 16 minutes. On a holiday Monday.

Odd.
You are actually quoting the message where I say that apparently no one saves the contracts (and that includes me !). I also say in that very message that I already found the contract and have sent it to the attorneys . I have a hard time understanding the collective desire to diminish and block the efforts, of the one person who is attempting to do something other than bellyache about this rapacious act by Wellcare. My original request for the contract was done several days ago, not on the holiday.

Engaging your brain ( if available) is a good idea before you post sarcasm. I started this thread about 8 days ago
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

for what it's worth, I was emailing back and forth with my WellCare upline about the PDP commissions, this is what they said. Take it however you want:

"We are working through the NABIP FMO council which put out some communication. We are on it.

When I spoke with Wellcare they pushed back to CMS. They claim that once they were given the additional funding for PDP they tried to go back to CMS to change their mind and pay and CMS said it was too late and would not let them change. Not sure if that is true but anyway they originally said “NO” so I think we need to all take a stand on this."

for what it's worth, I was emailing back and forth with my WellCare upline about the PDP commissions, this is what they said. Take it however you want:

"We are working through the NABIP FMO council which put out some communication. We are on it.

When I spoke with Wellcare they pushed back to CMS. They claim that once they were given the additional funding for PDP they tried to go back to CMS to change their mind and pay and CMS said it was too late and would not let them change. Not sure if that is true but anyway they originally said “NO” so I think we need to all take a stand on this."
On the NABIP FMO council, I would not trust a group that is basically a hivemind of the FMO's, they have their own interests which do not necessarily align with the interests of the agents. The FMO's came to us, the agents, for support back in late December 2023, and as a group, we did not help them. (in fairness to us, their request was lame and disingeneous) I would feel much better trusting a NABIP agent's council. On the CMS thing, I heard that story a couple of weks ago when this thing broke. That is Wellcare's party line, and I heard that coming direct from them. Think about this. CMS is forcing them to keep $200 million of the agent's money ? ... boy, those CMS dudes are so bad ! I wonder if CMS would allow them to give us free warrants on a bridge Wellcare owns in Brooklyn as a participation token of their appreciation !

Aetna stopped paying on new Smart Saver plans a couple of year's ago. If you had a client already on this plan , you still get your renewals. Also, it's my understanding that Aetna will continue with commissions with current clients. For PY25, they will not pay commission on the only plan they are offering the Silver Script Choice.

Aetna stopped paying on new Smart Saver plans a couple of year's ago. If you had a client already on this plan , you still get your renewals. Also, it's my understanding that Aetna will continue with commissions with current clients. For PY25, they will not pay commission on the only plan they are offering the Silver Script Choice.
Not paying commissions on future contracts is OK, although it is just a tad predatory. If we are motivated about the commission, we can then place this business with the carriers that do pay commissions. It is just a business decision, and the carrier lives with the market consequences of what may be a bad decision. That is how business works. My problem is when you decide that this applies to past business done under different terms and conditions.

Back